Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so when I ordered a new oil filter from bike bandit they sent me the wrong one which was for a 400ex. I called them to correct the problem and they told me to keep the wrong filter and they will send out the correct one, so when I received it I compared the two and I cannot notice a difference between them.When I ordered it they had two part numbers listed for the 700xx which bike bandit has corrected since I called. Oh I forgot to mention that the filters are hiflofiltro's 113 (400ex) and 112 (700xx). Just wondering if i should just throw it out or maybe use it if it is interchangeable. No big deal either way. Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
they are the same one of the metal caps might have a lip on it that the other doesn't. the 112 is based off the early honda part number and the 113 is based off the newer and the honda part numbers are interchangeable.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah your right it does have a lip on it. Thats good to know now I have an extra filter for next oil change. I appreciate the response Wildmannum1. Thanks

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
400ex, rancher, 300ex, 700xx all take the same oil filter i think the 450r and rincon are differnt though, the foreman 500 may take the same as ours too but the rubicon and rincon dont

·
Registered
538 Posts
yep, same as 400ex, i realized this after i had given away all my extra filters between selling 400ex/buying my XX.

·
Registered
574 Posts
yep, same as 400ex, i realized this after i had given away all my extra filters between selling 400ex/buying my XX.

Don't you just hate it when that happens! :argh:

·
Registered
574 Posts
off topic...skier207 did you get that 694 installed & dyno tuned?
Cam, 11:1 piston in, not as much gain as I expected but not dyno tuned yet.... I was thinking of running over and having DL tune it but he moved I heard..
I don't know of any local tuners that I would want tuning my quad. There may be some but I haven't heard of any. My experience with cars/boats/motorcycle's is,some guys really know their stuff and others well....... Don't want to waste my time and money on some ya-hoo.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for all the replies. I used to have a 400ex myself and didn't save anything from it

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I did find a spark plug laying in my tool box from the 400ex. To tell you the truth I wish I still had it just because it was a very fun and easy quad to ride not to mention easy to work on

1 - 12 of 12 Posts