Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/articles/view/633/motion_pro_oil_filter_magnets/

what u guys think?it seems like a good idea, im just scared it wont fit right and cause a small gap between the rubber ring on the filter and where the oil goes through the motor. leaving unfiltered oil going in. then again im always scared the filter is not snug againt the motor good enough, maybe it will make it stay in place better. thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm unsure as to how effective it would be in a 700xx engine. I'm sure the valves and crank are steel but I would imagine the majority is aluminum.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would it hurt it in anyway though? im thinking it might make the filter stay on a little better if nothing else. i dont like the spring behined it, just seems like its not gng to stay or its not snug. i check it 3 or 4 times to make sure before put it back togather. im really paranoid bout that stuff though.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just my opinion,
I have changed the oil in my 700XX quite a few times and always find it difficult to "break" the bolts loose. With just a simple tightening when installing a new filter the dissimilar metals tend to create a wonderful seal so I am not at all concerned about the screws loosing up. I no longer use a torque wrench but a 1/4 " drive socket tightened in an crisscross pattern slightly past snug. Again, just my opinion.
Sid

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i guess i didnt word this right looking back at it. Its not that im scared the bolts would come out or anything, but jus that its kind hard holding that spring and matching the rubber ring up then holding it all in place while u screw the cap back on. Im always scared i didnt get that rubber piece on the filter lined up right. Plus if it stops any metel thats good to. sry for my full page reply. If it fits ggo i will probably get it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i guess i didnt word this right looking back at it. Its not that im scared the bolts would come out or anything, but jus that its kind hard holding that spring and matching the rubber ring up then holding it all in place while u screw the cap back on. Im always scared i didnt get that rubber piece on the filter lined up right. Plus if it stops any metel thats good to. sry for my full page reply. If it fits ggo i will probably get it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Just my opinion,
With just a simple tightening when installing a new filter the dissimilar metals tend to create a wonderful seal
That is called galvanic corrosion. :lmao: any ways your right ive never had a problem either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts