Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally got my XX back from the dealer almost 3 months and $1244 later. Honda refused to pay of course. They claimed dirt infiltration and thats not covered under warranty. Anyway, When my wheeler was burning oil real bad the HMF pipe pretty much got filled with oil. Does anyone have any ideas on getting the oil out of an HMF slip on? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would say remove the exhaust, put a cloth with a little bit of kerosene on it and put it through the exhaust then rince with a hose.

·
Registered
127 Posts
May need to take it apart and just replace the packing material if it has any. My FMF has packing. I have heard some HMF that sound pretty loud so not sure if they have it or not. New packing runs around $15 or so.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Just ride with it that way, it will give a new meaning of 'I smoked you'. Just smoke'em.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Anybody replace the packing in a HMF before? When you take the tip off it really gets you nowhere. It looks like you have to drill out the rivets to get to the packing. Thanks for the responses everyone.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Anybody replace the packing in a HMF before? When you take the tip off it really gets you nowhere. It looks like you have to drill out the rivets to get to the packing. Thanks for the responses everyone.
Drill out the pop rivets. Get some good rivets when you go back together. I think you can get a kit from HMF with the rivets and packing. Has been about 8 years since I repacked an HMF, but I think Mike sold me a kit pretty cheap. Use some silicon when you go back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts