Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to reset it? I lost my oil plug and lost about a quart of oil I replaced the plug and oil but it still wont start. It will however turnover.

·
Registered
537 Posts
If the xx is equipped with a low oil safety switch, how is it that one of our fellow members blew an engine due to oil being blown out the breather? If the oil was so low as to damage the engine, it should not have started to begin with.

·
Registered
183 Posts
dont think its your oil switch then, because that would cut off spark and/or fuel. is your bike stock? did you loose oil while you were riding?

im looking in the service manual right now and not finding anything about a low oil switch.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
There is no oil safety switch on the XX. You probably killed it.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
R.i.p

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
not good this sounds like the jiffy lube center here in town. they are getting a bad rep. because they left a oil drain plug loose on my buddys ford expedition. when he got home and parked there was smoke coming from underneath burning off the exhaust and the rest of the oil drained out. he sued them for a crate motor. stupid mistake and costly. needless to say i wont be going back there to get my oil changed in my truck. word gets out fast in a small town.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts