Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im just courious if anyone else has noticed oil usage on the 700xx. I check the oil each time I go out and I've noticed that I have to keep adding oil. I've found no leaks either. It just seems strange that after a tank of fuel I have to add a cup of oil. Wondering is any one else has noticed this.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Im just courious if anyone else has noticed oil usage on the 700xx. I check the oil each time I go out and I've noticed that I have to keep adding oil. I've found no leaks either. It just seems strange that after a tank of fuel I have to add a cup of oil. Wondering is any one else has noticed this.
Same here. Plug is normal too.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's almost where I can't read anything on the dipstick, but like I said before it doesn't smoke when running or under load so IDK.
If you check the oil while the engine is cold, it will show a lower reading. You should warm the engine up a little and then check the oil. If you let the engine warm up the oil becomes thinner and shows a higher reading.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The owners manual says: Let it idle for 5 mins (dont snap the throttle causes it to give an inaccurate reading). If the outside temp is below 50 F, Let it idle an additional 5 mins for a total of 10 mins. Stop the engine let sit 2 to 3 mins, and then check, this is what I do before I load mine and havent had any oil issues yet, been almost a year now! :yay:Hope this helps.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Before every ride, I follow the suggested method in the manual and it's dead on the same spot I filled it to every time. No detectable oil usage for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts