Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had four extra DWT red label rear wheels laying around, decided I wanted some beadlocks, so off they went to OMF. For the front, I will be running the DWT Roc'N Lock wheels, so I wanted the rears to match them. (The first pic shows one of the front wheels.) Only problem was the fronts have shot peened rings, and OMF doesn't offer that option, so Bones suggested just leaving them raw and "scuffing" them up some. Not an exact match, but close enough for me. Besides, they will be all nicked up after the first rock garden!

Bones did say that he believes these are the first conventional beadlocks that OMF has made for the 700XX. The scalloped rings looks good, but I like the conventional look much better.

Doug

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
how much did it run to have the beadlocks added?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For what I had done it was just over $200 per wheel, that included beadlocks, inner reinforcing ring and powder coat. Just the beadlock conversion was $130.

Doug

·
Registered
455 Posts
Me gusta mucho.

And keep an eye on that inner ring. Mine drug the A arms at full extension so I had a guy I know at a machine shop chuck them up on his lathe and mill off a little of it. Yeah it lost the powder coat but it would have anyways the way they were dragging the A arms.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I bought the ones OMF makes for the XX. They had a set of rears on overstock special so I snatched them up while they were cheaper.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And keep an eye on that inner ring. Mine drug the A arms at full extension so I had a guy I know at a machine shop chuck them up on his lathe and mill off a little of it. Yeah it lost the powder coat but it would have anyways the way they were dragging the A arms.
Yeah, I was at a race in January and one of the guys there had the same problem, he was also using Elka shocks on the rear like you. I spoke to Bones about it, and he said the Elka's are a little longer then stock, thus allowing the rear suspension to droop more, that in turn increases the angle of the upper a-arm, then the ring hits. I will be running these with my Teixeira Tech rear arms, and after I spoke to Ed, he said he should have more clearance, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Bones was great to work with, I am very happy with the customer service I received. From the time I shipped the wheels to OMF to the day I had them in my hand was just about two and a half weeks.

Doug

·
Registered
455 Posts
I agree, Bones is one of the better sales reps I've dealt with.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yeah, I was at a race in January and one of the guys there had the same problem, he was also using Elka shocks on the rear like you. I spoke to Bones about it, and he said the Elka's are a little longer then stock, thus allowing the rear suspension to droop more, that in turn increases the angle of the upper a-arm, then the ring hits. I will be running these with my Teixeira Tech rear arms, and after I spoke to Ed, he said he should have more clearance, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Bones was great to work with, I am very happy with the customer service I received. From the time I shipped the wheels to OMF to the day I had them in my hand was just about two and a half weeks.

Doug
This is what i was told by Bones also. He said that i shouldnt have this problem with the fox shox.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts