Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure witch to get. Looking for thoughts. Hiper are 40.00 per wheel more but you can get just parts of the wheel if you break it but have to go to 10" on rear. I've seen great reviews on OMF on here though. Anyone know the weight difference btw the 2. Looking at oing just the front right now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would go with OMF

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
If your ridin in the dunes i personally would get the hyper's because they are lighter and they look sweet. I don't think they would hold up to the rocky rutted out trails i ride. so i would stick with a stronger wheel.

·
Registered
734 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
yeah the newer hiper wheels are better because of the alluminum center

but they are still pretty week in the rocks we had a razr with the old style in our sxs race that busted causing it to endo and sent the passanger to the hospital

omf are just douglas wheels with omf beedlocks or rock gaurds so you decide but do the research

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah the newer hiper wheels are better because of the alluminum center

but they are still pretty week in the rocks we had a razr with the old style in our sxs race that busted causing it to endo and sent the passanger to the hospital

omf are just douglas wheels with omf beedlocks or rock gaurds so you decide but do the research
Do the douglas wheels have the inner reinforcing ring for strength.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Do the douglas wheels have the inner reinforcing ring for strength.
Not straight from Douglas, but OMF can add them. If you are looking at buying just front rims, look at the Douglas ultimates, or yellow labels. They are tough rolled lip wheel. I have been running them in the desert for the last couple of years and have yet to bend one. Before those, I ran ITP baja's, used to bend those all the time.

No experience with Hipers, just things I have heard from people I know that run them. I know a few people that run them in the desert and have never had a problem, then I know others that have destroyed them. What would worry me is they don't bend, thet break. Hit something hard enough with a aluminum wheel and yes it will bend, but pretty good chance you can continue to ride on it. Hit something hard enough with a Hiper, it will break, probably not going to make it much further after that. I have also been told they are pretty much the same weight as a standard aluminum beadlock wheel.

Again, this is just what I have heard, no experience with them myself.

Doug

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok hiper is out thanks for the opinons. I looked at the DWT wheels and the OMF. The inner ring pulled me towards the OMF. I don't really want to have to but rims twice. I ride a lot of rocky stuff.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Mate I have the reinforced ring OMF rear and fronts and there excellent I ride very rocky terrain and have not put one dent or flat spot in them. I was going to go for the full billet center's (must be the best looking rim money can buy) but I did not have the heart to use them in the terrain we ride just to damn nice.

Overlord

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Mate I have the reinforced ring OMF rear and fronts and there excellent I ride very rocky terrain and have not put one dent or flat spot in them. I was going to go for the full billet center's (must be the best looking rim money can buy) but I did not have the heart to use them in the terrain we ride just to damn nice.

Overlord
Would the billet center not hold up and what sizes are u running?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Man I reakon the billet centers could handle anything anyone could dish out, but have you seen how nice they are I just did not have the heart to scratch them up. I like the reinforced there a good compromise between weight , performance, looks and price. I run standard size rims with standard offsets. Mate my personal oppinion, I did not like the 10inch rears I found the quad harder to corner but some people love them. I think people went that way because of a lack in tyre choice but now the excellent Kenda Kutter has arrived why would you use anything else.

Overlord

1 - 20 of 21 Posts