Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i asked them what it would cost to convert the stock wheels to beadlocks and this is what they had to say

"The least expensive option we have would be the standard Douglas Red
Label wheel with our scalloped beadlock on the outside only. That would
run you $164.95 per front, and $199.95 per rear. I haven't done a
beadlock conversion on the factory wheels, but it could probably be
done. Cost would be $120 ton convert each front, and $130 to convert
each rear. Let me know what you think and we will work out the details.

Thanks,"
Bones

Daraugh "Bones" Flynn
OMF Performance Products
9860 Indiana Ave., #17
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone - 951-354-8272
Fax - 951-354-8599
www.OMFperformance.com

·
Registered
551 Posts
Them's rich man's wheels! WOW!

·
Registered
48 Posts
quick question, what do you do on your quad? because if you race yeah beadlocks on the front would be necessary, but if you dont whats the point?i ride in mud and on trails, so front beadlocks are no necessary for me. i was looking at OMF wheels, i was guna get beadlocked rears with rein. rings and it was like $250 per rear, but the fronts with only rein. rings were like $110 each. as for converting them that would be cheaper i guess.

·
Registered
170 Posts
We run the Douglas wheels in the front with no beadlock or reinforcement ring. They hold up fine.

In the rear we run the Douglas wheels with the OMF reinforcement ring and this has been holding up great against dings and bends.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Non drive wheels should not need bead locks for 99% of ATV riders. I think most people that do have them just want a matched wheel look front to rear.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I totally agree.

I nailed a tree so hard hauling ass through dust that I STILL have bark wedged in between my tire and rim and it's not bent.
On a stock rim?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I spoke with Douglas wheel yesterday a little about wheels for the 700XX. (I needed to order some wheels for my 450R.) They do not really have any plans to make anything other then the red label wheel they currently offer, just no demand for it.

My plan is to get the red label rears and do as Josh stated, get the OMF reinforcing rings for them. Fronts I will continue to use the rolled lip wheels I use on my 450R's.

Doug

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yep.

I'll post pics tonight.
Had to just rub the tree not hit it. I've bent so many and I haven't hit anything. Just jumping and wheelies.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It ripped the bars out of my hands and gave me two blood blisters, one on each hand.

It wasn't a love tap.
Damn Lucky! I dented the bead on my front and don't remember hitting anything... hell I'm still avoiding crap out of habit!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Get a damper scuzz, they are wrist savers! I just ordered de CCP for my rappy

·
Registered
734 Posts
The CCPs you can get for around $150 shipped if you contact the guy on ebay. He has them for the TRX450 so it might fit the 700xx. Maybe someone who has both quads could order one and see if it fits!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts