Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 700 is alittle slugish from idle to a 1/4 throttle i was wondering what way i would wanna go on the green/cruise mode to fix this up or down and how much. My elevation is alittle over 1000 feet. Other then that i cannot complain at all with the barker/ ehs setup.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Try going half a setting up and down and see if it gets better or worse one way or the other. Hard to say without hearing it. Are you running the quiet core or spark arrester?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just got it all put on today and took it for about a hour ride and thats the only thing i could tell with the efi controller. I forgot to put my spark arrestor in too, i have the quiet core but i will only run it if i get any complaints from neighbors. Do you think once i put the spark arrestor in the pipe it will fix this?

·
Registered
755 Posts
You shouldn't need to change the settings until you reach 3000ft. And I know this is off topic but when you buy the quiet core/ spark arrestor combo, can you separate the quiet core and just run the spark arrestor or do I need to buy just the spark arrestor separate??

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
sluggish in idle to 1/4 throttle meaning what? is it when you give the throttle a hard wack or just when you are crusing around. Ride it with the controller in your lap and pay attention to what color lights are on when you feel it to be sluggish. If its handing to the yellow mode to quickly you could be getting to much gas to early but i doubt thats the case.

Like mentioned above you will more than likely want to try the green first but if you have the settings where we put them for the setup you have it should be very very close we have a lot of guys running those setups with nothing but smiles.

make sure all 6 modes are where the instructions tell them to be

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once i put the efi controller on i thought i had to program it myself, but every mode was set to where it was suppose to be with a aftermarket exhaust ehs lid. Its hard to explain but its not when i get on it, its only when i am putting around in 1st and like i said its not when i punch it to full throttle its only when i give it alil throttle like up to a 1/4 it will feel like it is slow to get gas , but after that its fine. But like it said this is only when i am barely touching the throttle and going real easy with it.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
ok if its that try to lower the green blue setting from 3.5 to a 2 whats probably happen is your or bouncing from the controller adding fuel to not adding any the efi is not supposed to add any fuel at idle or just above idle then it will start once it sees load. By lowering the GB you will tell it to come on sooner so it will eliminate the bounce try it and let me know

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alright thanks man i will try that in alil when this rain passes through

·
Registered
355 Posts
Minne runs perfect with the settings from the linked thread above. I adjust just as Eric wrote with and without quiet core. Perfect response without the stalls I used to get with my FMF controller.
From the linked thread:

EFI, EHS LID, Aftermarket Exhaust Preferable Barker :) G-3.5 Y-3.5 R-3 GB-3.5 YB-3 RB-3

Same as above with Quiet core G-3 Y-3 R-2.5 GB-3.5 YB-3 RB-3

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah those are the exact numbers im running to, i didnt get to try it out but EHS guy on here told me to lower my GreenBlue to 2. Hopefully ill get out for a hour or soo tonight to test it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts