Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after getting a quote for my oilchange and valve adjustment after break in from my local Honda Shop, I broke down and decided to do it myself. With the manual (downloaded from here THANKS!) and some technical know how, I was able to tear her down in a matter of 1/2 hour or so. The valves were pretty tight, which I heard from local shop is normal. Put her all back together and ran her around the block. All was good untill one of the little spacer/washers for the front fender stay flew off down the road and gone.. =( Also ended up with two extra bolts that I just can not remember where they go.. Went back through everything with no luck. Just two regular 10mm bolts. Pretty short. only other place I saw these style was on the coil pack, however they are too short to be them. Any ideas????

·
Registered
437 Posts
umm on the bottom of the grill the fairing bolts to the grill with two 10mm bolts that are hard to see, and you would really never notice them being gone....check there, right behind the bumper

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
No that's normal after doing my head on my civic I finished with a whole set of head bolts left over.... Who knew lol jk

Yeah I'd check around the headlight assy and fuel tank

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I would def check your plastics. As there seems to be 2 that always nab me, kind of up where the side skirt plastic meets the top, hard to describe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would def check your plastics. As there seems to be 2 that always nab me, kind of up where the side skirt plastic meets the top, hard to describe.

Ya I'm going to yank the tank cover back off they have to go under there somwhere. Being that they aren't allen keys I know thye are probably not visible. Anyway thanks for the help guys. Maybe I'll do the reverse mod today as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Figured out

Found where they went. Tucked way up under front fenders.. Oops. Anyway think im hearing a little to much rattle from the top end, and in true safe than sorry fashion, im going back into the head to double check clearances. =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts