Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HMF slip-on with the HMF optimizer. I have been runnin it with the recommended settings from HMF but it is running to rich, So does anyone have any suggestions for different/better settings?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
What signs do you have it is running rich on those settings?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has fouled out 2 plugs and its its not runnin real smooth i guess you could say, backfiring, things like that

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
If it's backfiring your a bit lean, can you post pics of the plug?

·
Registered
41 Posts
A lean back fire will happen in the intake. Happens on my stock dos equis every now and again. A rich condition back fire will come out of the exhaust.

Side note.. Thats why when you spray nitrous you have to add fuel. If you dont your engine goes lean and can have a nitrous back fire. = BAD DEAL. Spray nitrous and add the right amount of fuel you get GOOD DEAL.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes, Get a PCIII

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i was having a lot of the same problems with my fmf efi and took it in and had it maped out on the computer because u want your whole ari/fuel curve to be right so some stages need to be a bit lean and other fatened up. after that mine has run excilent and even gained a few hp

·
Registered
81 Posts
Also if your running rich you will notice some black smoke coming out of the exhaust, before you try anything go get a K&N air filter, maby getting more air in the engine will fix the problem and give you more power. just a thought.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i was having a lot of the same problems with my fmf efi and took it in and had it maped out on the computer because u want your whole ari/fuel curve to be right so some stages need to be a bit lean and other fatened up. after that mine has run excilent and even gained a few hp
I just bought the fmf power programmer...will I have to send mine in to get it mapped also.I have the fmf 4.1 complete with powerbomb header.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have the HMF slip-on with the HMF optimizer. I have been runnin it with the recommended settings from HMF but it is running to rich, So does anyone have any suggestions for different/better settings?
Any other mods? Is the airbox lid on or off? I think HMF settings are based on the lid being off, (again, not positve on that) so if you are still running with the lid on, that could lead to a rich condition. Also, do they have different setting for a slip on compared to their full exhaust, something else to check on. Have you tried to call HMF and discuss your setup with them?

I do not think you need to get a PCIII, you just have to get the HMF box dialed in. To all reality, the only way to be positive that your setup is perfect is if you get the quad dyno tuned and see what the air/fuel ratio is, regardless of what controller you use.

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I just bought the fmf power programmer...will I have to send mine in to get it mapped also.I have the fmf 4.1 complete with powerbomb header.
i would run it first and check the plug and smoke the common sense stuff etc and see how she runs. my quad ran fine and i didnt notice anything in the dirt it was in the sand under heavy load where i had problems. i will check my setting and give them to you if you would like.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i would run it first and check the plug and smoke the common sense stuff etc and see how she runs. my quad ran fine and i didnt notice anything in the dirt it was in the sand under heavy load where i had problems. i will check my setting and give them to you if you would like.
thanks.I'm waiting for the programmer to get in to put it on.I also plan on running it with paddle tires in the sand also...yes I would really like to have those settings.r u running yours with or without lid?what kind of air filter ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts