Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys I ordered some new parts from rocky mountain atv for my xx and I had some questions. first I ordered a 13 tooth sprocket for it will I need to get a shorter chain or will the stock one work? and then I got a uni air filter for it also will I have to get a fuel programmer or not?

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
No you will not need a new chain the stock one is fine and no need for the programmer if that is all you have.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great Buys!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys on the comments and the help. going to look at my service manual and see if it will tell me how to adjust the chain tension for the smaller sprocket now. thanks again love this forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
It's easy to re adjust chain, just bust that big bolt loose and turn the adjuster's make sure they stay the same on both sides. You will love the 13t imo. untill you go big3.

4:17 to 4:18 in manual

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help M quick. I don't think that I will ever go with the big three. the xx has tons of power for me as it is. but I might get the ehs airbox lid later on but I don't know for sure yet. have to see how much cash i can save up.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I hear you on the power! I don't think I will do the exhaust on mine either, but I'm planing on the controler and maybe the lid with next years tax check. After that I think I will be happy, but it seams your always wanting to add or upgrade something.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah i hear you there i want to upgrade the brake and clutch levers next then after that we'll see about the air box lid and the fuel controller.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
oh boys just wait the power craving comes soon enough.:lol:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got my new 13t sprocket installed last night and the chain readjusted. and road the quad home and man it pulls a little harder now and from the ride home I love it even more now. will see what happens when i install my uni filter tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
I dont think you will notice much from the uni filter. But Im sure the 700 will think you for letting it breath! The 13t is sweet for idle, low end, and climbing. Stock my 700 wouldnt hold its own idle, w/out stahling out. Now with the 13t it will almost idle up on the trailer!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts