Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, every one.
There is a series of cross country races going on out that needs more participants. The last few events have had only 7 or 8 quads total turn out. These motor cycle clubs will stop putting these events on for such a few participants.
It is worth while to check these guys out.
There are classes for kids, beginners, women, amature, expert, pro, utility and UTV. The races are 1 1/2 hours long with varing terain.
Heres the link http://omraoffroad.com/
Please we need you
Ron

:xx:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Any riding info for washigton???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, The last four races are in WA. Three are at goldendale tracks, and one is at washogal.
Goldendale has two tracks, starvation ridge and eddyville. Eddyvill is about a 6 mile lap,on the fast side, natuaral terrain, mild motocross track, log crossings, etc
Starvation ridge is 11 miles per lap with the same variety of terrain, maybe a little more technical.
Washugal, they get most of the motocross track with a loop through the trees and some grass track
I would describe these races as very simular to a worcs style event.
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks for the info!!! Had no idea eddyville had a track, and by the looks of it it looks pretty damn good. Will Try to be ready for the next upcoming event!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man that would be great. If you got any buddys bring them too. There's classes for all, utilitys and side x side too. Later in the year the races can get real muddy and the 4x4 often have a advantage.
I really apreaciate the response, if quad riders don't step up at these races they will go away. We need to earn respect from these motor bike clubs. The way to do that is show up, race, and thank them for the oppurtunity.
How about the other 50 that have veiwed this post? Any comments?:thanks:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
9-11 next race at eddyville. Any one interested? Really is a good time, these races are more endurance than any thing. Maybe you can show up some of the 450's.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im a 700 rider my self but was looking for some quad requirements info.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Having a little trouble (...LOT of) navigating the site, maybe you could answer a few questions and/or give some specific links.

When and where are the races?
Any quad requirements? (like number plates or something)
Cost?
Is it MX style? (lots of big jumps) Just asking cause I'll jump my dirt bike but I am pretty timid lifting the 700xx in the air.
Beginners fine?

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Im With Rith!!! more info will be nice. But unlike Rith I'em not afraid to let the XX fly if i have to.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Im With Rith!!! more info will be nice. But unlike Rith I'em not afraid to let the XX fly if i have to.
Ya well... um... :birds: lol EDIT: After further consideration and reading your signature I do not feel half as bad :D

But seriously is it just me? I can't seem to find anything on that site :mad:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yup, Elkas help a lot and its not you, i couldnt find anything on that site ethere!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys, I haven't checked this site for a couple of days. The omra link should take you to a home page. Check calender of events for when and where. The quads run GP style events and they are highlighted in yellow and a picture of a quad is in the line. The next race is in Eddyville on
9-11. This track is by Goldendale WA. Click on the OTBG link on the calender for track info. The track has a GP portion and a MX portion. The MX track is very mild, lots of elevation changes with table top jumps. The GP is 80% fast section with lots of elevation changes, some slow technical areas, and lots of rough. They include both areas in the race. Often times they have log crossing as well.
Click on the rule book for racing guidlines. Scan thru it looking for ATV sections.
They will make you stickers for number plates, so don't worry about that.
They also don't enforce the kill switch either. They sometimes do a sound check however, but only the loudest pipes have trouble.
It's going to cost $40-$45 dollars to race these events. If you join OMRA you will get a $5 discount and the points counts towards a year end trophy.
The rule book has guidlines for what class you should run in.
I think I got all the questions. Let me know if I missed any.
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Fire!!!

In case anyone is thinking about it, the race at Goldendale WA is cancelled this weekend, 9-11.
The next race is sept 25th at Washugal. It will be the same course they use for the WORC's race.
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wanna ride the national track at Washogal WA? Tommorow is your chance.
Riders needed!!!
Seriously what is stoping you, Maybe there is a game that is more important.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts