Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody , Noob here. I was just looking at all the Pics and didnt see a single ORV tag. Where is everybody putting them?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
ORV (OHV) tags

Hey everybody , Noob here. I was just looking at all the Pics and didnt see a single ORV tag. Where is everybody putting them?
Here in California they are called OHV tags and are either red or green. Red is for older bikes that don't meet current emissions standards. Red sticker bikes are restricted at certain California riding areas to certain times a year. Green sticker bikes are not restricted that way. In California you must have your OHV stickered to ride ANY public lands... FS land, BLM land and SVRAs (state vehicle recreation areas)... ALL off highway vechicles must be stickered to use public lands... dirt bikes, quads, 4wd, jeeps... even if plated for street use.

OK... now to actually answer your question... I put mine on the side of the air box under the left fender. It can be seen from the side easy enough and is actually easier to be seen while my quad is still loaded on my truck... as in when I pass through the gates to one of the SVRAs. Where I put mine is NOT actually where they say to put them. If I put mine where they said to put it (on the top of the left rear fender) they'd actually have to climb up on my truck to see it. Fact is, I don't want them climbing on my truck. Stickers are about 4x6" and cost $50.00 for 2 years... used to be $25.00 for 2 years. Money goes to maintain off road areas and so forth.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
...and if you plan to visit California from another state:

Nonresident OHV Use Permits

All vehicles operated off-highway on public lands in California are required to be (1) street-licensed or (2) registered as an off-highway vehicle (OHV). If you are visiting California from another state and your vehicle does not have a current registration from your home state, you must purchase a California Nonresident OHV Use Permit before you recreate on public lands. The 2009 Nonresident OHV Use Permits are now available for purchase. The permit fee is $30. To locate a vendor, please download the vendor list PDF listed below.

Nonresident Permit Vendor List (PDF) [7/22/09]

To learn more about the program, please contact a local Ranger or the OHMVR Division at:
California State Parks, OHMVR Division
Nonresident OHV Use Permit Program
1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
(916) 324-4442
Email: [email protected]

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good info guys. Stupid stickers! Buy a brand new machine and then you have to ugly it up with ORV, year and month tabs:disgust:

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
No stickers or tags in North Carolina.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Good info guys. Stupid stickers! Buy a brand new machine and then you have to ugly it up with ORV, year and month tabs:disgust:
One thing was not mentioned... In some states, you do not have to get a non-resident permit IF the state you are visiting accepts your own state's tags. Example... I can visit my friends in Washington and ride with them with my California tag because California also accepts Washington state's tags for them to ride here. Basically it comes down to... you accept mine and I'll accept yours.

Yes, I do go up to Washington every June to visit my friend and to ride with him and his 2 daughters (15yrs and 10yrs) in a poker run just outside Naches, WA. Great fun and great ride.

roadkill

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One thing was not mentioned... In some states, you do not have to get a non-resident permit IF the state you are visiting accepts your own state's tags. Example... I can visit my friends in Washington and ride with them with my California tag because California also accepts Washington state's tags for them to ride here. Basically it comes down to... you accept mine and I'll accept yours.

Yes, I do go up to Washington every June to visit my friend and to ride with him and his 2 daughters (15yrs and 10yrs) in a poker run just outside Naches, WA. Great fun and great ride.

roadkill
Yep , been there many times. Lived in Yakima for 20 years. Did alot of fishing in the Naches river.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I attached my plate to the back of the heel guard using zip ties.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A little late here, but I have an aftermarket rear rack, PRM-ATV cargo rack, which holds two one gal gas cans as well as a cooler, I stuck my CA OHV sticker to the rear/rottom of the center plate under the cooler part, all required info shows and it is easy to replace.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Yea you woke up a old thread, but any ways. Ohio 3 year plate, on side of 6 pack rack.

And session State National trail permit on rear of rack.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have a nice aluminum plate with trail sticker and plate numbers hanging from my rear grab bar. so current registration can be seen and i got an ownership sticker on my air box lid

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Here on the Navajo reservation we are "suppose to" have AZ plates and tags clearly visible on our quads. I have my plates with tags as well as my registration papers under my seats in the owners manual zip-loc bag on both of 700's. The cops and rangers up here never bother anyone about such minor things such as plates and tags on ATVs. They have more important things to do than picking on peeps riding around on ATV's.

Shonie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts