Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have a 2008 trx700xx and it has been overheating when i ride her easy. There is a 13 tooth front sproket and the coolant is full. Any ideas? I washed out the radiator which was muddy, and the fan turns on? Going to try engine Ice.

·
Registered
258 Posts
go with honda specified they put it in there for a reason and it does sound like your thermostat is sticking

·
Registered
335 Posts
You should not need to run engine ice unless you have a highly modded motor. Something is wrong and that is not the cure.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Main part of rad is hidden by cooling fan.. Remove front plastics to see and make sure the rad is completely clear of mud..

Interestingly, if you google the hell out of engine ice and similar you will come across many explanations as to why this product actually makes engine hotter at the head so not as good as everyone makes it out to be..
something to do with it not being as efficient as water at removing heat.
Antifreeze does not cool, it acts as corrosion inhibitor and anti freezing agent.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It would be great if someone would manufacture some plastic add-ons to keep mud out of our rad's.

I ran engine ice in my 700 for a while & my temps were actually 3-4 deg higher than before. Did a good flush & now back to where they were....will be very leery of those products forever.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey mate , had the same senario with my xx and went in a mud pit and thought i had hosed all of the mud out of the radiator .
Next ride ride on a 80 degree day it would come up with a temp warning and later found more mud that i missed ,this may be the case with yours :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts