Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have overheating issues? Took the 700 out last weekend for the 3rd big ride since i have had it. It was about 80 degrees out. I was riding with 2 Honda 450r's. It was fairly muddy, but nothing crazy. I am anal about keeping the radiator clean so i know it was clean before the ride. After about 4 hrs of riding the light was coming on. The radiator was pretty muddy, but the 450rs were just as muddy and they werent having any problems. I have a rincon also and have never really had any overheating issues with it, i know the xx is a lot more exposed to the elements than the rincon. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues. I am a little worried about whats gonna happen when it hits 90 this summer. I am gonna put amsoil synthetic in it tomorrow and also put some water wetter in the coolant i think it will help. I had an 03 Yamaha Grizzly that overheated all the time, i had to carry a super soaker water gun to keep the radiator clean...LOL, now im having flashbacks...lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, fan was working fine. I would pull over turn it off and let the fan run till it went off. Maybe i just had a lot of mud packed in there we were riding pretty hard the whole time.

·
Registered
984 Posts
A bad thermostat maybe? should be cheap enough swap out to see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I rode last weekend at about 88deg & I overheated a few times when the radiator got packed. I was fairly high up in elevation, so that might have had something to do with it (as I've had it packed with mud before where I normally ride & it hasn't been an issue).

Fan came on like it should & about halfway back to the car I found a creek & used some empty water bottles to rinse out the radiator. Ran fine the whole way back, so I'm pretty sure it was the lack of airflow over the fins.

·
Registered
537 Posts
How often is the fan coming on with everyone without being packed with mud? I rode yesterday and it was about 83 no mud at all, very dry and it seemed like the fan was on constantly. Not a lot of room to stretch it out in the trails only on the service roads. Temp light never came on, but just wondering if this is normal for the xx.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How often is the fan coming on with everyone without being packed with mud? I rode yesterday and it was about 83 no mud at all, very dry and it seemed like the fan was on constantly. Not a lot of room to stretch it out in the trails only on the service roads. Temp light never came on, but just wondering if this is normal for the xx.
Yes it is. I leave in Vegas and mine does the same thing. I wouldn't worry about it at all, just make sure your service light don't turn on.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It hasn't come on yet. I just try to stop every now and then leaving the fan running for a minute or two, then start the engine and let the cooler coolant circulate into the engine. It just worries me because my gf's Wolverine 450's fan rarely comes on. At least I don't hear it when we stop for a rest.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It hasn't come on yet. I just try to stop every now and then leaving the fan running for a minute or two, then start the engine and let the cooler coolant circulate into the engine. It just worries me because my gf's Wolverine 450's fan rarely comes on. At least I don't hear it when we stop for a rest.
You don't even have to stop and turn off your engine. Let the fan do the work for you, trust me. I ride my quad for 2hr none stop in the heat and I never had a overheating issue.:D That's why the 700xx has a fan, to cool your engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts