Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up all? I just wanted to say hi. My name's Will and I currently live in Doha, Qatar. There's great dunes here so my buddy and I (he's got a TRX450R) try to go out as much as possible. We love to "bash the dunes" so to speak. There's probably no one else on this site that lives near me, but that's okay. I've had my ride since November '08, and I've got some great mods on it with more to come. I'll get some pictures uploaded to the XXgarage soon - so BOLO. I look forward to chatting with all of you.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Welcome to the site!

I actually always wanted to ride out in Dubai...i hear there is Huge dunes out there.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There're some pretty big ones here too! And in-between 'em is nice, smooth hardpack. So if I feel like ripping it open, I just put on my stock knobbies and drive in 5th all day. And if I want to rip up the dunes, I just put on my Sandstars and make some rooster tails. :)
I haven't seeen the dunes in Dubai, yet. I've been there a few times - just not out to the dunes. Pretty cool place to go if you ever get a chance to visit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I was living in Tampa, FL before I came out here. Got a contracting job and the money was nice. Hard to say when I'll come back - like I said, money is nice - and the economy right now doesn't really entice me away from here at the moment. o_O

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Naw, it's really only a 45 min plane ride away. I just wish I could drive there because it would only be a few hours. Problem is, you have to go through Saudi to get there, and you can't really get in to Saudi. But I would love to be able to tow my quad there to bash some those dunes.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Yah since the saudi's kicked us out a few years ago..its been hard to get back in...unless your from that area or Contracted to work on their planes.

But i visit Doha at least twice a year....

And i have a pretty good idea where you work...wish i could bring my quad to where i was at.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Biff, you'll have to send me a PM when you're out this way so we can go out riding. Sure, you'll have to rent out at Sealine. But the Banshees are still pretty fun.
You could always buy a 700xx from the Honda dealer to keep here for when you visit. We'll keep an eye on it for you...ride it - I mean, run it occasionally! :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:yay:

If that happens, we'll definitely post some pics!

·
Registered
425 Posts
yah will do...

Most the time im in Doha im just passing though...but alot of times im there for 2-3 days.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:lmao:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Welcome aboard to the man from the land of sand!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts