Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I ordered some ITP wheels with skat track haulers 22x11x10 - 10 paddle. My buddy is telling me that the 10 paddles are to much. At first I thought he was talking crap but he is really serious. What yall think?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I just sold a set of those because they were a little too much. This winter I will be trying a set of 8 paddle Edge's and a set of sand stars both in the 22X11X10 size. I had a 13T, Yoshimura slip on, PC5 programmer, uni filter, and modded air cleaner lid. On the steepest hill at Glamis, I could only pull it in 2nd gear. They felt like they were digging in more than staying on top. I think the 10 paddles might be the way to go if you have really big power like engine mods. I would like to try the Haulers in that size with 7 or 8 paddles.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I was too anxious. Rocky Mountian was out of the 8 paddle. I'll try calling them this morning and get them to send the sand star. Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
im running 7 paddle skat track haulers this is because i still have a ton of pull going up hills but the 7 paddle lets the tire slide a little in the turns

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
im running 7 paddle skat track haulers this is because i still have a ton of pull going up hills but the 7 paddle lets the tire slide a little in the turns
Remington has the best setup if you ask me! I have the 8 paddle edge and they push really really bad. They hook up a lot better and are lighter than any molded paddle I've had, and I've had a lot. (4 sets of pretty much every brand)

Skat Traks are WAY worth the money if you ride sand.

Club | 700 | xx

·
Registered
61 Posts
Remington has the best setup if you ask me! I have the 8 paddle edge and they push really really bad. They hook up a lot better and are lighter than any molded paddle I've had, and I've had a lot. (4 sets of pretty much every brand)

Skat Traks are WAY worth the money if you ride sand.
What psi do you normally run them at?
I have had good luck running the 8 paddle Edges at Glamis and adjusting the air pressure, depending on sand conditions. 4-12psi

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i run about 4psi in the rears and 7psi up front

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had awesome luck with itp sand stars this week at waynoka, i dont drag race and they also dont have any really BIG dunes biggest is less than 100' so for bigger dunes u guys run straight paddles?

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I had awesome luck with itp sand stars this week at waynoka, i dont drag race and they also dont have any really BIG dunes biggest is less than 100' so for bigger dunes u guys run straight paddles?
the sand stars work well to i had a set no problems except yes my friends would pull away on the bigger climbs for us its not who is fastest on the flats but who will be king of the mt. the straights just hook up a lot better and keep pulling

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
i like my sand stars as well but like remington said the haulers provide more pull. but i dont know what the dunes are like at la dunes so sand stars might be all you need. I am planning a trip to go check it out though.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
What size are you running?

20's or 22's ?? and what sprocket? 13?? for the sand that is
22 rears 21 mohawks up front, 13t, big 3
they look kinda like this

·
Registered
156 Posts
sand paddles

okay i know theres a thread out here about sand paddles but i cant find it but anyway, im looking for paddles that fit on the xx about the same sixe if not smaller can you guys give me links..thanks

1 - 20 of 55 Posts