Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how much PSI you guys use in your sand tires.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I run about 3lbs

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I run between 4-12 depending on how much I need to spin so I'm not riding on 2 wheels the whole race.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
All sand is not the same... fine sand, coarse, packed, dry, wet... Nor is the terrain... flat, small gentle dunes, monster dunes... Straight line or whatever?? Paddle tires are different also... angeled paddles, straight paddles, 8 paddles or 10?? Many variables. What it really come down to is what works best for YOU and where and how YOU are riding. Best advice is to be prepared to air up or down till you get to how YOU want it.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be mostly fine sand. ITP sand star tires. Not sure how the dunes stack up to other places but it is at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. Was kinda just looking for a base line. I think I have them around 6 PSI right now but wondered what others did

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
4-6 will be good for your all around riding and the tires you have. i run mostly up big hills and want a lot more traction so i run mine lower.

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use paddles for mud raceing. we have to run high pressure(10 to 12) to keep paddles from rolling under the weight of the mud. It makes stopping at the end of 300 feet scary sometimes tho.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I ended up starting at 7psi then I ran them at 3.5 later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts