Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i need some help, my xx parking brake always needs to be ajusted to work almost every ride. and when ajust i take the rear off the ground to make sure ther not dragin.. i use the front brakes mosly. anybody has this prob to.......

·
Registered
182 Posts
Maniac,
I would set the adjustment to the loosest position and forget it exsists. The reason is the brake cable and the emergency brake are tied to the same brake caliper. When you adjust the emergency brake there is a piston in the caliper which pushes the brake pad further out, hence when its out further for the emergency brake to work, your rotor rubs against it more and wears your pads down faster. When I had my first ATV I used to do the same thing until I asked why are my pads wearing out so quickly, that was the reason. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I couldn't agree more with De700. That brake is absolutely useless!!! The more you adjust it the quicker you will need to replace your brake pads!! I'm disappointed that after all these years Honda still hasn't improved that problem. My 2002 300ex had the same issue!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes I am very surprised. Ow Well but I actually found I have no use for the emergency brake actually

·
Registered
537 Posts
The 1st thing I did to my xx was remove the E brake. Totally worthless...

·
Registered
182 Posts
?

Boobs. WHat more motivation do you need.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
de700 dat ur gf lol u must never get bored.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yup that's my GF. That's why I am such a hermit.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yes I am very surprised. Ow Well but I actually found I have no use for the emergency brake actually
That's because you're always hitting our bike to stop :D
Hey! who told you that you could use my girlfriend's picture?? Did not know that she had given you one, that *.*.* Well! you can have her:yay:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ya she left when she saw your pee pee size LOL. How have you been bro

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah it was just too much for her, lol!! Been good! How are u doing? Nicky is still sick:nuts:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
So how many toys you and Mike have, man that must stink for u LOL

·
Registered
182 Posts
Guess Nicky is feeling better, sinc she heard my voice LOL or the bump on da head helped her out

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Especially since she has more toys, lol!
As for me, only have 1 :D

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts