Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my parking brake seems to loosen up everytime i ride never really noticed till it started to roll away on a hill the other day anyone know why or is it just the calbe strechin a little bit cuz its a new bike

·
Registered
31 Posts
the first time i rode my xx the parking brake worked, but ever since then it hasn't..... im thinkin about just takin it off. i have no idea on how to make it work again, and it jus takes up alot of space on the handlebars...lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
You have to tighten it (which is a pain in the ass to do!) It explained how to in the service manual. It is very tight in there though (insert that's what she said here) Mine loosens up every ride so I just stopped tightening it. Just put it in gear and shut it off. That's my parking brake now. Damn things are a pain

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The reason it does that is b/c it goes off just your regular rear brake, which every time you use it is wears itself down a little bit, so over time it loosens a lot. It is a known issue on any rear disc fourwheeler, and all you need to do is tighten or, or do as crash says and leave it in gear, which is what I do. I am going to block it off tho, as i never use it, so I don't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I think I will probably block mine off as well

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
yep that is the only complaint Ive had on this bike

Ive had mine adjusted by the dealer twice I give up asv is looking good at this point lol

just get rid of it

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Got rid of mine also and change perch/lever, if it's not adjusted properly; will wear out your rear brake quicker.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah its just from the normal brake usage. Its really not that bad to adjust. All it is is I think a twelve or ten mm wrench and an 8 mm wrench just brake the bigger bolt loose and hold it while tightening the 8mm bolt. Try the parking brake and if its set OK than tighten everything back up. Its only a two minute fix. I do it after every ride just to have it.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Could someone post a mini tutorial with photos to explain how to adjust or fix the parking brake?

:thanks:
Download or print the service manual in the how to section.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
just leave it in gear

·
Registered
755 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
but its, strange because I have look for the rear disc and it seems that dont need that brake block..

but thanks for reply..

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Could someone post a mini tutorial with photos to explain how to adjust or fix the parking brake?

:thanks:
No tutorial but heres a photo of parking brake adjuster. Not a good photo but a photo, sorry 700 is on the trailer and loaded with 3 others. Anyway, to tighten e-brake. Loosen the lock nut near the arm, and tighten the adjusting bolt. Test brake and tighten lock nut.

If this dont work consult your local Honda dealer, or browse the manual and find some other bolts to turn lol.

Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system Auto part Rim Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If you are removing the parking brake then yes

·
Registered
48 Posts
Take it off i did because it was a pain and didnt work anyways get a block plate and asv levers and your good to good not to mention it looks cooler

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.