Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to see how much interest there is in parting out a whole 08 trx700xx. I still owe a little bit on it and want to get out from under it. Looking to sell the engine as a whole as soon as possible so i can pay it off. Trying to get $2000 obo on complete running engine. can post pics and vids of engine running. (bike is still complete as of now) p.m. me with questions/offers. Once i sell engine i will part out the rest of bike to try and make as much of my money i spent on it back. I have paperwork on bike as well.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I you have a black seat and hood then I will buy that from you if the price is reasonable.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now i'm just focusing on the engine. I would like to sell the most valuable part before i start parting the rest of it out... you know, before i make the commitment of selling a bunch of little pieces and have a bike worth diddly squat and barely have enough to pay on it. I still owe around 2k and need to get it paid off asap! Once i have it paid off i can sit on it and sell the small stuff . So if anyone wants some major components like engine + axles or whatever i'm willing to cut some serious deals. I have an ebay account that has 10 years of positive feedback and will set up an auction or whatever you want so you can feel at ease.

·
Registered
452 Posts
well i hope sumone buys the motor soon lol i can use a few things

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im interested in the 450 shocks if you part it out!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, then i would proablly take 1500.. lol Seriously people. I'll sell my stuff for like 1/2 what it is going for on ebay. I need this thing paid off. I just need someone to commit to buying some of the more expensive items before i take the whole thing apart. Once its paid off i can sit on it and take the time to part it out.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'm assuming the bike is wrecked or something? Surely you can get more than $2k for a decent machine. If not, I just got hosed on my purchase.

·
Registered
671 Posts
why would anyone part out a running atv that not very old?
Quad is worth more as parts. As far as I am concerned, a close to stock used 700XX is only worth $4,000 or so tops, since you can buy one for around $5,000 at a dealer. That and you have to find someone that has cash on hand, not a easy thing these days. People may not be able to buy the complete quad, but they can buy some parts for $500 to $1,000. I know if I had to sell any of my quads, I would part them, would make more money in parts then trying to sell them complete.

Sorry, no intrest in the motor, but if you do decide to part it, I may be interested in the seat and headlight, depending on price.

Doug

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quad is worth more as parts.

You are entirely correct sir. I actually have a friend that makes a living buying atv's and parting them out. This is true for the 700xx espically because they are so cheap new. If they were still going for 6-8k i could sell it for more. If anyone wants to know WHY i am selling its because i found a can am renegade for a stupid low price... but i need to get out from under my honda before i can get the renegade.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you only owe 2k on it, why don't you just sell the thing for 3500-4000 and then go get the Renegade?

Parting it out is going to take so much time that Renegade will be long gone.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
If you only owe 2k on it, why don't you just sell the thing for 3500-4000 and then go get the Renegade?

x2 and i think its gonna be hard to sell the engine. most of us bought hondas because the dont die not really hi demand. only the racers may want to keep a spare around i would guess. i would sell the whole thing be done with it and get what you want. just my opinion

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I'd be happy to give you $2k cash for your entire 700, if you wanted to go that way...

·
Registered
323 Posts

I've parted out a few, late model toys. Last one was a 06 Rev 600 SDI X Package sled. Complete PITA....took nearly a year to cash enough parts to equal what I could have sold it for a year prior. Storage of all the stuff...photographing and listing it...dealing with all the flakes and dreamers that want the parts, but have no money...ugh...never again.

If you have the time and stomach for it, go for it, but man...I wish you luck.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not necessarly parting it out for the cash. I just have to get rid of one payment before i get into another. I already have enough to put money down on the renegade. Once i have the honda paid off i dont care if it takes year or longer to part the rest of it out. I kinda thought the community would appricate soneone parting one out. And i dont want an arm and a leg for the parts either. EVERYTHING would be priced to sell. You guys seem to be trying to talk me out of it though... LOL Well, i have about a week to try and make this work.. otherwise i'll just keep the honda for now.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I am with you EIN, when I am due to get rid of mine, parting it out will be the way for me. I have too much in aftermarket stuff to sell it outright.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.