Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my paypal account hacked over night. 6 differant charges a min apart, to 6 differant e-mail address. Called in and they said the same 6 e-mail accounts had alot of activity over night. They told me atleast a week to make it right. And after that I can close the account. I thought it was supposed to be pretty secure way to buy and sell. From here on out I will I have to find another way to buy or sell online. I know most of the time I find stuff on e-bay, the sellers have there own websites that except visa/mastercards.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
wow thats fu...up , i have an pay pal account too hope they look into it a little deeper. safe secure they say, well not anymore it sounds like:disgust:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have mine tied in my checking account which always has a zero balance:lol:
Sorry to hear that, make your password 12 digits:tup:
Mine too, but my checking is zero because I'm the one spending all the money, lol. I use random passwords for everything, and don't use the same one for any of them. I'm gonna change my paypa right now, just in case.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is tied to checking account as well. My wife set this up like 6yrs ago, we have never had a problem. Our password is case sensitive with random Caps and #'s. I'm not sure how it was hacked, just know that it was. And when paypal was called they said allot of accounts were also hacked. As far as a zero balance in checking account that would just make matters worse cause of overdraft fees and or bounced checks you may have in the mail. Well so far nothing has cleared, I'm just glad we caught it fast, and hopefully paypal reverses all the charges. My bank says they can put alert out but really cant do anything till the charges clear!

I'm not sure but does paypal require you to link to a checking account? Or can you just use a Visa card? That way with visa there is zero liability and it wouldn’t drain your checking account while they take a week to fix shit.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
my paypal account is not linked to none of my bank accounts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well if thats the case then i'm not sure why my wife linked it to ours. But after this is fixed I guess I could reopen another account and set it up on a visa card only. I'm just not sure how it would work with money deposited, I guess a credit on the account IDK. And all charges cleared my bank fri. am. err total bs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just had my paypal account hacked over night. 6 differant charges a min apart, to 6 differant e-mail address. Called in and they said the same 6 e-mail accounts had alot of activity over night. [FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hid light Bulbs[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] told me atleast a week to make it right. And after that I can close the account. I thought it was supposed to be pretty secure way to buy and sell. From here on out I will I have to find another way to buy or sell online. I know most of the time I find stuff on e-bay, the sellers have there own websites that except visa/mastercards.
This might be stupid.... but uh, what did they buy? lol

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Didn’t buy nothing just x-ferd funds from my account to 6 others. You know like when we buy and sell stuff here. You just send money, and hope the seller ships the product. Well paypal has no clue at what the money x-fer is about in those cases. It's not like a ebay purchase.

Update, my bank credited all the charges within 24hrs of them clearing. And so far paypal has don’t nothing! Account is still frozen, we cant use it to buy anything. We can get money added, and we cant close account while it's under there investigation.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure what would happen if no money was in my account? I usually keep at least a few dollars in there. Because I post date all my bills when there due, and have them set to be paid electronically on there due date. My bank did say they would cover us up to $1800.00 As far as overdraft or bounced bills from me, but zero liability on the fraud part. It would of pissed me off if a car payment didn’t clear, and then it pings your credit rating. but I dont pay $1800 in bills a month, so my bank would of cover'd that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts