Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

21 - 40 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
My real concern will be the tires on the dyno. A more street type tire will give a truer reading but i'll have to make due with the stock ones.Gonna try to set up some video when we do the dyno pulls. I kmow it will be loud in there.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Knobbies will rob ya of 3rwhp compared to slicks.

Thanks. When I dyno'd my bike, we couldnt get it strapped down tight enough and got a spike looking graph

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thats still OK. Its gonna be that way with knobs on the tire. Here is my dyno sheet of my first build on knobbies:

·
Registered
310 Posts
So, what do all the numbers in the grid mean on the maps?
They are just a reference number you use to show how much fuel you add or remove at any given rpm and throttle position. On my bike, I have spent many hours on the dyno getting the numbers where I keep an air/fuel ratio around 11.5. Turbo tuning is a real pain since things happen real quick onec you make boost.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yeah I noticed some spot had negative numbers which confused me.
It would seem strange to remove fuel at times, but you sometimes get a surging at steady rpms, which is usually a rich fuel condition. Just a few numbers down smooths things out nicely.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Anyone got a Good baseline map for PCIII, HMF slip-on and Velocity Air filter.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Guys, let's start requesting exhaust manufacturers to start including PCIII maps when they dyno their quads. I noticed Two Brothers does PCIII programming and sales so I was hoping they would have the maps for it. I'll let you all know when and what their reply is.

I know the raptor has been out a while longer (3x as long) but they have a TON of maps on the Power Commander site.

Also, take this as a call to help your community out by posting a map up if you get yours dyno'd. I'll work with the admin to see if we can host it or if it needs to be hosted (the files) elswhere what we can do.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
711 Posts
not sure if this is the place to ask but.... can any one make a map for the 700xx to be used with fmf powercore 4 exhaust and an fmf power bomb header ? as of now iam using the factory air filter

email: [email protected] encase any one does make or have a map

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the the HMF EFI controller, I know that it's a little different from the power commander, but right now I'm using 1.8, 3.5, 1.6....It seems to be right on the money with spring weather on the way. I got the full hmf bill ballance pro series and moose air filter. Just throwing that out there....

·
Registered
333 Posts
pciii maps

Im working on maps now, just give me a holla if you need one.
Hi bo or anyone else who knows lol, I just got my XX back I had a UNI filter, fmf factory 4.1 slipon and a pciii installed. The tech saif he installed the map for the stock foam filter lid on with the pipe.

I was wondering if u have or can make a map or two for my setup. Uni filter, fmf factory 4.1 slipon w/ spark arrest and another w/o spark arrest?

Or is the map the same for a stock vs. Uni filter?

I pretty much have no clue about maps so all the info u can give me is greatly appreciated. Also I went to the pc website and they only show 4 maps two for stock filter apps and one for the fmf speed and one says "all". Does all mean those 4 or is there more?

Anyway... HELP!! Lol thanks in advance
Tommy

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was wondering if u have or can make a map or two for my setup. Uni filter, fmf factory 4.1 slipon w/ spark arrest and another w/o spark arrest?

Which spark arrestor do you have with the 4.1? And where did you buy it?

FMF said they don't carry it.

thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
south bound honda

Which spark arrestor do you have with the 4.1? And where did you buy it?

FMF said they don't carry it.

thanks
I have the one that came with the pipe as optional equipment. Its a cone screen. I bought it from south bound honda 253.582.2288 and I don't know who the distributor they got it from is, I got my pciii from them and they got that from moose racing.

But anyway the spark arrestor/noise reducer (-3db when installed) was in the box (labeled FMF) when I bought it. So I'm not sure why FMF would say they don't have it. And actually I was just reading an old copy of motocross mag and it says right in the ad for the 4.1 it comes with the optional spark arrestor. Hope that helps.

21 - 40 of 192 Posts