Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
141 - 160 of 192 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Just ordered a PCV, and had a question. My bike is stock right now. I plan on getting a full exhaust in 2 months. Would it be worth installing the PCV and running the stock map, or just wait till I get my exhaust?
Yes install as soon as you get it. The quad is way lean from the factory. So the pcv will liven it up some, and be more responsive, And it's easy to change the map later. Also get the PC software loaded up while you wait on your new exhaust! And welcome to the club! One more thing what the 88gt all about?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes install as soon as you get it. The quad is way lean from the factory. So the pcv will liven it up some, and be more responsive, And it's easy to change the map later. Also get the PC software loaded up while you wait on your new exhaust! And welcome to the club! One more thing what the 88gt all about?
Thanks!
I use to have a 88 Mustang GT that I dragged raced.

·
Registered
19 Posts
How far off is the HMF full exhaust with the airbox lid removed map from an FMF full system with the airbox lid removed? Do all full exhaust systems give the same power? I don't want to change the tuned map i currently have on my PCV/quad for the FMF slip on and hi flow filter if the HMF full/lid removed map on the PowerCommander site will mess up what i already have going. Let me know what you think please, I got a map from someone for that was supposed to be for the FMF setup but it was just the FMF slip on map on the PCV site...

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
You shouldn't loose your map, and I would hope you have it saved somewhere else beside the pcv. If what you have is working okay idk why you'd mess with it. But you should be able to connect to s/ware 1st thing it will pull your map, then you can add the HMf and see if you like it. And if not happy switch back just as easy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just picked up another 700 and I'm looking for a map for a pc3 with a fmf powerbomb header, fmf 4.1 exhaust and uni filter. Stock air box lid....also I just bought this quad and it already had the pc3 on it and I'm not that familiar with them. The guy I bought it off of didn't have the software or cable or anything for the programmer! Any help would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Just picked up another 700 and I'm looking for a map for a pc3 with a fmf powerbomb header, fmf 4.1 exhaust and uni filter. Stock air box lid....also I just bought this quad and it already had the pc3 on it and I'm not that familiar with them. The guy I bought it off of didn't have the software or cable or anything for the programmer! Any help would be appreciated!
So they guy you bought this from didn't have a map installed? I'm no help for a map but the s/ware you can d/load here.

http://www.powercommander.com/power...wercommander_downloads.aspx?ProdType=PCIIIUSB

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm not sure if he had a map on it or not, but either way I'm changing some things around and need a new map. This current setup that's on it is just a slip on. And lacks lots of power compared to my other quad. Hoping someone has a map out there for what I want

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi does anyone have a map for full barkers exhaust,cp 11:1 piston,velocity intake, and stg3 hotcam and pc3. I live in Louisiana. Thanks

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
dang since when did Fuel Custom Intakes start making a custom intake for the XX? i know they have them for the KFX 450 TRX 450 and the YZF450 and prolly the 450Quadracer ?:confused:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
that sounds interesting, i bet Baxter would like to check that out ! can you post a pic or two?:xx::xx:

Reactions: Baxter

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
from the looks of your avatar you deleted the oem plastic airbox? what do you ride sand dune or trail and track?:xx::xx:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yea the oem intake box was removed. I ride the dunes and trails with not much water. U probably can keep the box but it's gonna be a pita to customize. I wish I knew how to post pics so others can see close. I'm glad I tried it out. I did notice a big difference with the fci compared to the other intake kits.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Wow that's really letting the ole 700xx breath!

141 - 160 of 192 Posts