Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

PC 3 and 5 Maps Uber Thread

58K views 191 replies 56 participants last post by  jonLAY19 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks Bo! I'll let you know how it runs after this weekend! Definitely more throttle response now... i'm almost scared to ride it again! haha

#4 ·
Bo I seem to always run into your name, on the LS1 tech boards, chatting with some of the people you used to work with there in Tuscaloosa and now on here. I lived in T town for a while prior to moving to Huntsville.
If you don’t mind me asking how are you creating the PC3 tables? Dino, street type of tune or best guess from know data? I am thinking about ditching the juice box and going with a PC3 set up like I have on my grizzly with the LCD display which is awesome for changing tunes or logging data. I used my LC1 WB to tune my grizzly but it was still a PITA without having a way to log the WB data like I do with HP tuners in the automotive world. Your porting work is excellent by the way; I have heard lots of good things about your work on LS1 tech.

#5 ·
I base the maps off of what the Raptor maps need to be after modification except I take in consideration on the single exhaust port. The maps should be real close and I can tweak them based off of feedback after the try the map I send em. For the guys thats gonna dyno them they are close enough to get the bike dynoed and will cut down on the tune time. Ive already have 5-6 people call me and tell me that the maps I sent them work great so I havent had to tweak any yet lol.

#12 ·
I believe the actual PCIII is the same for all of em, just the hookups are different to fit individual bikes. All the PCIII does is intercept signals from the computer to the sensors/injectors and modifies em. Pretty simple since these computer systems are like a ping setup.

#19 ·
Power commander is on the way. It should be here on Monday. I liked the 2Bros Juice Box, but the limited adjustments didnt do it for me.
I also found a Dynojet tuning center that can handle a quad, so custom map, here I come.
Like these things need any more power...LOL

#21 ·
My real concern will be the tires on the dyno. A more street type tire will give a truer reading but i'll have to make due with the stock ones.Gonna try to set up some video when we do the dyno pulls. I kmow it will be loud in there.

#23 ·
Thanks. When I dyno'd my bike, we couldnt get it strapped down tight enough and got a spike looking graph

#27 ·
They are just a reference number you use to show how much fuel you add or remove at any given rpm and throttle position. On my bike, I have spent many hours on the dyno getting the numbers where I keep an air/fuel ratio around 11.5. Turbo tuning is a real pain since things happen real quick onec you make boost.

#29 ·
It would seem strange to remove fuel at times, but you sometimes get a surging at steady rpms, which is usually a rich fuel condition. Just a few numbers down smooths things out nicely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.