Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im looking at getting a Yosh or FMF slip on, and a PC III. What exactly does the PC III do for the quad? i dont like having to carry a laptop on my rides because we go to a pretty remote place and i dont want to be doing a bunch of mods every ride. when i buy a PC III is it pre-programmed for the quad to run right? im not really that great at the whole mechanical thing with quads so i need the "dummy" version for it to make sense. if anyone can clear up what exactly a PC III does and if i need it that much with a slip on please help me. Many thanks!!

·
Registered
445 Posts
The PCIII is a electronic doo-dad that is the Fuel Injection equivelent of jetting.

Just like when you buy an exhaust and you have to rejet it; with a Fuel Injected quad you install the exhaust and then the PCIII.

Once you set it up you dont need a laptop.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so how do i tune it in when i get it? how do i know what setting to put it at?

·
Registered
133 Posts
You'll plug the PCIII into your computer via USB cable (you'll also need a 9V battery as the PC doesn't power itself from the USB port, and batteries aren't included) and install the software that's included on a DVD. Once you have the software, you can either create your own custom fuel maps, download some generic ones from Power Commander, or use the Bo White maps that I think most of us are using here. You can download the ZIP file here: http://www.club700xx.com/vb/showpost...4&postcount=16

If you use the ones that Bo (aka Velociraptor) has tuned, you'll see there are two. One says it has a GM addon, that is just an adjustment that Scuzz has included to lean it out a little bit.

The software is really easy to use and the install is pretty easy as well. I'm not that all mechanically inclinded myself, but I got my PCIII installed by myself, so you shouldn't really have any problems. Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.