Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
oops PCIII?
For all you guys that have switched from a Dobeck programmer to the PCIII did you notice a big improvment? Do you know who has the best deal on the PCIII?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
PCIII FTW

eBay

·
Registered
421 Posts
I can get one from my dealer discounted to $315 since I bought my XX there. Have you guys seen much lower prices? I usually see them at $350.

Oh, nvm, fuelmoto is the answer. $259

·
Registered
537 Posts
Got mine from atvoutfitters.net for $270. It's a local part distributor for me.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will I notice a improvement over the HMF Optimizer?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone want to buy a HMF Optimizer?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Alba's are worth considering since they have actually ran and tested them on trails and baja. Not sure if there available yet though

·
Registered
64 Posts
I dunno why ppl bash the Dobeck programmers...I have the HMF Optimizer GENIII and the PCIII...either or works just the same IMHO! But I am running a full HMF Bill Ballance, don't think that would make much of a difference in my opinion of the two though...

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So you cant tell any difference between the dobeck and the PCIII?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I used an HMF and couldn't get my bike to run correctly, It would die when riding the trails

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, I was going to buy the PC3 this weekend until I talked to fuelmoto. They said that the PC5 will be out in a month for the 700xx. They said the advantage is half the size and the fact that you can store two settings on it and switch between the two. They also said that the sensor can be purchased to dial it in for you. The sensor can be used to create the map for you and then you can remove it. The key to this is that.......here is an idea......some of us could pitch in and purchased the sensor to get our quads dialed in. This would help keep the price down for all of us. (just an idea to kick around). I also asked him if they were going to have a rental option on the sensor.... I don't think they ever thought about that..... It sounded like possibly a light bulb went on..... So I decided to wait for the PC5.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't honestly tell a difference between the two...I mean my opinion isn't biased considering I have both of em'! I don't know why one couldn't get their quad to run with the HMF Optimizer, it may have been defective or something. I'm actually running the HMF currently with settings 2/4/4 and I have no trouble what so ever. Sometimes the quad tries to load up when I'm first pulling out or creeping around. I changed it back to 1.5/4/4 and it wasn't getting enough fuel out of the hole..I would rather it load up as to not get enough fuel...you can always clutch it and rev it a lil' harder and keep it unloaded! I pulled my spark plug today and she was golden brown...I plan to keep the settings as they are right now!

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
You have a PCIII and HMF?

·
Registered
537 Posts
The point is that it's loading up at one time and then not enough fuel other times. There has to be a middle ground. The HMF (or any dobeck programmer) does not give you the tuning possibilities the PCIII gives you. I would not want to clutch and rev to keep it unloaded all the time. In my type of riding you have to crawl sometimes to get over things. If I was crawling and it was loading up, it would stall. Then you're suck on a rocky and very steep hill and have to try and start again without flipping over backwards. IMO the $20 or so extra for the PCIII is worth the headaches avoided from a Dobeck programmer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey Threesvts, what map are you using. I'm using the map that Bo White created and it seems to be working great...no problems yet. I was just curious if you are using that map or if you created your own.

·
Registered
537 Posts
It's a Bo White map and runs flawlessly!!

·
Registered
333 Posts
It's a Bo White map and runs flawlessly!!
im running the same bo map... and it is a near perfect map for a pipe and high flow filter. still... i would like to get a map for a full exhaust and filter, but... no atv dyno in washington state :steamed::cry: :disgust:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts