Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks easy but for me to be able to unplug the wiring harness to the TPS I had to remove the battery. Now Step # 7 tells me to crimp the supplied wire tap to the yellow/blue wire. Easy enough, but I didn't get a wire tap, nor does it make my parts list? So looking for ideas besides cutting wire, would the local auto parts have a wire tap that would work, and be able to accept the plug on the grey wire? I'm in a 9 min hold cue with PC toll free support now.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Customer support at Power Commander said I should of received one. And they are shipping one out asap.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes great customer support. I cant wait to get it hooked up, but i'm going to wait for right part. I decided not to hack into the wire harness of the TPS. I'm sure I could of cut the connector off the PC and install something like this, and wrap with heat shrink, but I will wait.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12515225

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
make sure you put some dielectric grease on your connections

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am waiting on the right part. And also will use the dielectric grease, I have plenty of that cause my Firebird eats front running lights. I don't know about soldering the connections. Sure it would be the best connection, but not easy to return to stock if needed.

It says just to lay the PCV on the cover and the seat will hold it in place. Do you guys use the velcro? I was thinking if it will lay there, wrapping it in a plastic bag to keep clean and dry?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have had mine in the same spot for over 1.5 years with no problem. Nothing to protect it, just make sure you have the rubber plugs in the accessory ports.
So it looks as if you have yours installed under the rubber battery cover, instead of laying on top? Sounds like that would be easier than routing the wires through the cover. Although not as easy to get to to change maps, but how often would I be doing that.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I have mine on top of the cover with a piece of velcro it works just fine and you wont change the map unless you think it needs tweaking. If you PM me your email ill send you a slightly modified sparks map for the PCV that will work really well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have not installed one on my XX but do they get warm? I am wondering if you wrap one or seal it, if it will get hot?

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
So it looks as if you have yours installed under the rubber battery cover, instead of laying on top? Sounds like that would be easier than routing the wires through the cover. Although not as easy to get to to change maps, but how often would I be doing that.
I took mine apart so much last year i threw all the rubber covers away. They are useless and just get in the way imo.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL boost, rubbers are only useless, when you don't remember to put them on!

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Customer support at Power Commander said I should of received one. And they are shipping one out asap.
They sent me out this piece! When I 1st say it I was like wtf???

So I called PC CS dept back, and they said this was called a posi tap. And it was better, just cut the end off gray wire and put in other end of posi tap. I wasn't wild about cutting the wires on the new PC5. So I used the tap they sent, to tap into the TPS and added a short piece of wire to the other end of tap. And I crimped and soldered a female 1/4" spade to the other end of the wire. And slide 3 different lengths of marine heat shrink over wire. Plugged in and applied heat shrink 1st a short piece then med size and 3rd was around 3". So this way I can still unplug, but will be a pain getting past the 3 layers of heat shrink I'm sure. Really not planing on removing unit, but you never know if it fails. Now I just need my damn exhaust, they say between the 21st and 27th!

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
what exhaust did you end up going with?

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
thats right i remember now