Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

pcv problems

3K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  boost addict 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok recieved the pcv and hook it up to the injector, and spliced the yellow wire with blue stripe on the tb for the tps. Loaded a base map into the pcv and the quad will run for 2 seconds and die.
Any ideas? Did you have to zero out the tps sensor?

#2 ·
Have you tried calibrating the TPS? You do this by clicking on "calibrate" then quickly push the thumb throttle to WOT and back and click on "ok". Also, do you see any lights on the PC5?

#4 ·
Also make sure you have the latest Power Commander software on your computer and maybe update the PC5 firmware while you are at it?

#6 · (Edited)
Mine did this yesterday when I recalibrated so I actually calibrated with the engine running. I mean if it stays running.

#7 ·
Another quick question because I don't know how it is setup on the xx but: Any way you can get the plugs mixed up? I mean on my rappy you can get the injector pug and the TPS plugged mixed and the PC5 does not work.

#8 ·
I called pc and they took remote access of the laptop. He had this thing purring in 5 minutes. The tps values were off, the stock voltage at 100% throttle is 4.4 volts, if it helps anybody in the furture. Map# M16-004-005 is the map i am using as a base tune, before the dyno tune.

#10 ·
Yeah, I do it running like I said too. Glad you have it up and running! You're welcome for the help.

#13 ·
it dont do it automatically i dont think. you have to do it, i set them manually on V and i know the 3 dont do it automatically. You may need to put a value in to make it run most things are generally between .5 and .7 on the 0 value no matter what it is yami/honda and 4.1-4.8 for upper but if you dont have it set correctly and its off .1 makes a big difference you may not realize it but it does your 0% tps setting are realitive to the voltage you set it to just like 100% is realitive to the upper settings so if you have the value to high you never actually reach your 100% values in your pc grid same with 0%

#14 ·
Eric,
With the "pcv" the tps fields were blank. To get the quad running you enter .05v at 0% and 4.4v at 100%. Turn the ignition to "on" position hit reset and give the quad 100% throttle. The pcv sets the true vaules in the software.
The control in the tuning from the dobeck vs pcv is night and day! I will post a dyno sheet on Sunday just to show you the gains over the dobeck, you might be a little surprised:hey:

#16 · (Edited)
Well first of all if your shop wasn't 4.5 hrs away, we get a case of beer and another pizzia and get to tuning again.
I have no reason to show back to back runs, what the quad made with your tuner vs the pcv. But i will post what it made with the pcv and lid installed with a bald set of stock tires.
I will come down in the spring with a new p&p head and we can compare the tunes on your dyno. What did Chase's new monster run in the 300'? Have you stole the swingarm from him yet:hey:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.