Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions these fuel controllers......What is the difference between dynojet's PCV and EHS's controller? Is the a substantial difference that is worth the extra money? Which would you recommend?

·
Registered
446 Posts
depends on what your doing. EHS controller works fine for most people. PCV is better when you want custom maps W/dyno and are doing internal motor work. If your not going into the motor you can get the EHS controller tuned in fine.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
If you don’t plan on going into the motor I would say get the EHS, its a lot more user friendly. If you plan on going into the motor I would get a PCIII or PCV over a Dobeck (EHS) it allows your tuner to fine tune your XX a lot better and I am speaking from experience.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I am thinking about a 730 kit or maybe a 12:1 piston not sure yet. I was just wondering if the pcv was that much better going interal or not.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
YES!!! lol I had a HMF Optimizer reflashed and dyno tuned by Alba with my build and then I switched over to a PCV and made 5HP more (the second run was with race fuel so I don’t know how much was the PCV and how much was the race fuel).

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Jody your gonna make me hafta go out and get a damn PC5! :haha:
I thought all the PCIII and PCV guys were all crazy but now that I have mine I’m a believer now. lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Is the 08 and 09 XX exactly the same? They say the PCV is available for the 09 but only the PCIII is available for the 08

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Is the 08 and 09 XX exactly the same? They say the PCV is available for the 09 but only the PCIII is available for the 08
It's marketing bs. I have the pcv on both of my 2008 xx.

If you guys purchase it from fuelmoto it comes preloaded for your mods. Give them a call and tell them what you have done to your 700xx.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Even for the big 3 i recommend the pc5. Sparks sent me a free PCV map with their exhaust. This quad pulls twice as hard then my Dobeck-Barkers big 3 did.

Aww... no wonder you sold me your ehs controller... hahaha I always feel a step behind some of you guys.. I should have got this whole quad hobby out of the way before i got married... i never have money for REAL mods...:lmao::lmao:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Aww... no wonder you sold me your ehs controller... hahaha I always feel a step behind some of you guys.. I should have got this whole quad hobby out of the way before i got married... i never have money for REAL mods...:lmao::lmao:
Ein... I sold you the Dobeck for 100.00 plus 10.00 shipping. That was a fair deal if you ask me. You would have paid 210.00$ plus shipping, use it have fun and sell it to the next guy.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I wrote some post on this forum awhile back on the differences. I imagine you can search and find them someplace. There are advantages where the pc3/v will outshine my controller/dobeck and my controller is different than the other dobeck not physically but the way i set them up.

The easiest way is to think of it in logic what does it do? and they both basically do the same thing they are a fuel metering device. And if fuel is right it is right its not a magic box that you plug in and walla you get more power. It controls a injector that is already controlled by a ecu and alters the signal that tell the injector to turn on and when.

both units modify pulse width to get your injector to deliver a certain amount of fuel. There isnt much difference its how they do it is what is different. The pc3/v is left more up to the user to be able to tune something hence the reason most people go to a dyno. The also are much more freindly to tune with for builds that they are not setup for you can basically adapt them to almost any situation. I have always said this and never said otherwise if you are building a large build or something that deviates a ways from what i have designed a specific map for your probably better off with a pc3/v. the reason is most all the controls for my controller are locked up inside where you can not access them with out software/hardware that only i have. Other shops that use the same type of controllers have the hardware but each controller is flashed with a unique serial # that will only allow the original designer to access it features or be able to reflash the unit so you are at the mercy of the original maker to make changes above and beyond what is built into a controller from the start.

pc3/v unlimited controller over injector a good thing? for some people yes for a lot of people no. with that control to be able to make a good map comes the ability to screw a map up majorly. I have a fair amount of engine builders/ shops that have been know to make fast bikes bring me there stuff because they cant figure out how to get a good map with a pc3/v. And truthfully without a dyno or some form a data acuisttion software/wideband your shooting in the dark at best. You can not build a good pc3 map with plug reading, my exhaust smells rich, sun is at 12:00 so that means richen 2500rpm lol. it just dont happen

my controller basically breaks the map up into 3 area you can modify from the controller the behind the scence stuff is taking care of you have limited control over what you can modify but everything should be very close already so for the guys that want to build something much more extreme its not the best setup for them they would need to have me change the behind the scences things to make it work for them. But for the guys that want to plug it in and not fuss with stuff its a way better option for them.

If you think you can plug a pcv/3 with a generic map on a big 3 big a make enough power to pull twice as hard as what my controller does is a long ways off. If you look at all the dyno sheets i put up i dont hide the AFR at all its all over everything and look at it compared to what else people offer before you say what you think is tuned.

I cant tell you how many times i have had guys come in with pc3/5 maps that were a generic map but setup for there bike that were so far off it wasnt even funny. Truthfully they are usually like that more then they are good.

If you think these controllers are not capable of some good stuff how can i run the same thing on my shop bikes which are some of if not the fastest all motor atv's in the country.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Blah blah blah blah You sold the your same generic map to 500 people and you have 30,000.00 in your raptor:lmao: Your dobeck and the Barkers made 45 rwhp on your dyno. It could not even tune just a simple stage 2 cam change. I have one question to you "DOES THE DOBECK PULL FUEL"

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
boost im really not trying to fight with you, i know your one build makes you a pro at this now. There is no reason you should be pulling fuel from the stock map. the stage 2 cam was just fine it was the other cam that didnt work well. I know according to your logic a cam with more duration should make more power but that is far from true. there is no reason in a matter of 500 rpm you need to modify pulse width as dramatic as it was with that cam and setup. say i did sell my generic map to 500 people out of those 500 i have 499 happy people and you that i went out of my way to try and help with another shops parts in a short time frame that i couldnt make work ideally with my controller.

if you need to pull fuel from a stock map 700xx other than running alcohol your doing something that isnt ideal to say the least.

i dont see whats funny about my big raptor builds how else do you figure out how to make stuff fast other than building stuff and see what works and what doesnt.

im glad you are happy with what you have now all i am trying to do is educate people on the actual differences

i have some cool stuff in the works for the xx

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I think when I’m done with the 727kit I'm going to have high desert dyno do a pull with the Dobeck and one with the PCV and see what the end result is. I know when I was just running the big 3 I loved my Dobeck, it was so much easier to adjust the settings and there was a lot less for me to mess up. lol. If someone could make my XX make the same amount of power with a Dobeck as it would with a PC3/V I would keep my Optimizer, just a lot more user friendly in my book.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts