Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was sent to me from a friend in CA but it can happen all over the states. Even if you are not an IT person, you should pay attention to it since you never know what was printed/copied

http://www.wimp.com/copymachines/

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wow, thats alarming...I for one never thought about that.

Thanks Nash

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We deal with major retail stores and Enterprise businesses, some of them ask us to erase their drives where we'll send the hard drives from pc/servers back to the customer and they take care of them. One of our major retail store was envolve in identy theft because they wouldn't bother but nowadays they are monitoring each drive that we replace and send them back to the customer. Don't forget about your personal pc, once you replace the drive or upgrade your pc, erase or break your hard drive. There are numerous ways to do so.

·
Registered
179 Posts
And don't count on just breaking the drive to destroy the data, take the actual disk inside the drive case and grind it up to destroy it, that's one of the only ways to ensure it's gone.

·
Registered
446 Posts
nah, smash it with a hammer = gg to a hdd... a thief would have to spend $20k + to even try to recover the data off the drive with no promises. It's funny how those $100 WD40GB hdd's can cause go much grief. By the way dban is a free data destruction utility that will wipe a drive to the point that it's unrecoverable. www.dban.org

·
Registered
118 Posts
so everytime i apply for a jon and they copy my drivers license and ss card now im at risk huh. that really sucks

·
Registered
788 Posts
Oh no. Looks like I have to start backtracking. I wonder how many pictures of A$$es are stored on those machines. LOL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts