Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Prime example of ignorance, I have both import and American sports cars and like different aspects of each. You should broaden your knowledge young grasshopper.
I drive a 07 Honda Accord V6 Coupe 6 speed and a 2002 Trans Am WS6. Not too much broader than that. Souping up an economy car is retarded.

·
Registered
537 Posts
That's funny you drive a Trans Am. I took one of those down the other day in my '10 BMW 135i. The look on the guys face after getting a beat down from a STOCK I6 with twins was priceless. It's possible it was the look of ignorance though...

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
That's funny you drive a Trans Am. I took one of those down the other day in my '10 BMW 135i. The look on the guys face after getting a beat down from a STOCK I6 with twins was priceless. It's possible it was the look of ignorance though...
Properly driven, the LS1 TA(98-02) can run 13.0 in stock trim. What does the BMW run in the 1/4?

·
Registered
537 Posts
The best I've seen in person was a [email protected] 106 with a DA of 255 in a stock auto. Buuuuut for about 1500 and you have over 450hp 450tq. More than enough to spank most of what you run into on the street.

·
Registered
375 Posts
That's funny because I'm actually getting ready to trade the Accord for a 135i.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Properly driven, the LS1 TA(98-02) can run 13.0 in stock trim. What does the BMW run in the 1/4?
Most stock T/A's are quicker but that little Beemer rips pretty good. I'm running 12.5's with just a tune, air intake and exhaust.

·
Registered
537 Posts
You're gunna LOVE the 135i. I had a 335 coupe and the 135 handles so much better. It's like a go cart on rails. It's crisp and does exactly what you want it to do. Floor it and hang on cuz it'll get to 60 in a heartbeat. Push it further and you'll soon be at the 155mph (130 conv) limiter before you know it. Not that I have ever been there :hey:

·
Registered
375 Posts
You're gunna LOVE the 135i. I had a 335 coupe and the 135 handles so much better. It's like a go cart on rails. It's crisp and does exactly what you want it to do. Floor it and hang on cuz it'll get to 60 in a heartbeat. Push it further and you'll soon be at the 155mph (130 conv) limiter before you know it. Not that I have ever been there :hey:
Last month we went looking at the 335i and I loved it, but the wife thought it was a bit big feeling. The salesman got us to try the 135i with the M Sport package. I was in awe with the little car. I was a little leary on the 1 series at first because of it being the entry level car, but damn. I think it's more driver oriented than the 3. It's like they have the 3 series built for fatter people like what Honda did to the Accord.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Honestly you'll never feel the size difference unless you're a passenger in the back. It is VERY cramped. The feel up front is exactly the same as a 3 series. Unless you have had a 3, the look inside is the same. I notice a few subtle changes from the 3 in order to get costs down. But it is a little rocket car:)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.