Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any issues with the plastic that is under the headlight and clips into the fenders popping out? If you have a black/gray TRX it would the gray part.

Just noticed mine the other day. Loosened everything, repostioned and tryied to get it to stay in place, but no good..keeps popping out.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I rolled mine last spring and the gray part around the headlight came dislodged. There are tabs and hooks on the bottom of the hood that engage in slots on the headlight mount. They have to be lined up as you slide it down into place.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
There are also 6 socket bolts/screws that hold the piece. If these are loose, the piece can move around and the tab hooks can pop out. Loosen these bolts and slide the piece forward with all tabs in their slots till the tabs are fully seated/hooked and tighten the bolts/screws so the piece can't slide back and the tabs can't become unhooked and pop out.

roadkill

·
Registered
29 Posts
And remember the 2 bolts up on the tank part are different to the 4 on the fenders when you are putting them back!

·
Registered
7 Posts
had the same thing happen to mine after i took a nasty nose dive, plus my headlight saggs about 1/4 inch and cant seem to get it to sit right, nice and snug under the top plastic piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts