Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any way to "weld" or fuse plastic back together? Broke the tab off the rear fender that attaches to the grab bar...

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
That may be a tricky one....if you could get your hands on some more plastic, try to melt it together, like a plastic weld. I don't think glue or anything would work as I think that would break. Do you have a picture of where it is broke (like did the tab break clean off? or did it split thru just where the bold goes)? Worst case, use some rivets and make a little metal mount and rivet to your plastics.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
My little brother's got an older 300 ex and the plastics on it were broke everywhere so we used something called a pipeline stick. you can melt it with a lighter and just apply over where it needs to be repaired and your all done. its held up on the 300ex for over a year now.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
If it left a piece on the fender, you could try stitching it back with zip ties. That works well on cracked fenders if you get a small bit ans small zip ties. If it didn't leave a piece on the fender you could always make a T piece to sit on top of the grab bar mount that the fender would rest on. Paint it black and nobody would ever notice.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Any way to "weld" or fuse plastic back together? Broke the tab off the rear fender that attaches to the grab bar...
Did mine hitting a tree , never fixed it as it was not a problem when racing.
I class it as purely cosmetic damage , It doesn't feel any differant and there are enough bolts in the rear fender to stop any movement. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts