Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

plastics......

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Simplyorange 
#1 ·
Has anyone ever sprayed automotive clear coat on their plastics to help keep them from getting/showing scratches??? I know they make a type of clear that flexes for urethane bumpers that might work well.. and once they get real scratched up you could simply buff them... i dunno... just wanted to see if anyone else had ever heard of or seen this done.

#2 ·
im a painter, the flex agents addedto clear evaporate after a period of time, they are only used to install the bumpers then let the paint stay in that shape.clear on plastic will hold up in normal conditions, but if a branch hits the clear or if you flex the plastic itll start cracking. the fine scratches would be able to be buffed out. i have plastic painted on my street bike but it does not see any flexing or debris at all. i would reccommend not doing it and check out maximums new bike in a can, it hides scratches very well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.