Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant find my decompression spring for my cam, if anybody has one it would be great because they are not available from the dealer.it can still be pressed onto a junk stock cam, ill deal with pressing it off.hopefully somebody can help me.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
if you dont have a spare, can you give me some measurements so i can try to buy one somewhere?

diameter, length, tension?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I hope you find one , as this is another rattle for me to cure. My spring is either broke or missing. Not took the cam decomp apart yet !!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yesssss!!!! io want it,baxter if that is your problem illl bring it to motion industries and get them to get me a part number so i can provide them to forum members, im not getting in this hole again, ill also call hotcams tomorrow.

also baxter id be willing to put money on it that its your timing chain stretched.

also thanks to erich at ehs he gave me some measurements for one, but id rather have one to bring in with me.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The cam chain is the only thing that is good !It's not stretched and in good shape. Exhaust valves and seat need recutting and the valve seals are shot, As you said. Ordered new stuff for rebuild and thanks for the help, I am grateful. :tup:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
in that case check your clutch play, and tensioner.. your decomp wouldnt rattle while running according to how erich explained how it works centrifugally.other than those two its your piston walking from the same debris that ruined your seals but i doubt that too looking at your piston.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The valve seals have gone hard due to overheating , the clutch is fine but has some play in/out on the basket. Always run too much play in the clutch cable (125 2 stroke days in mud).
Rings are worn , the have an edge on the top face.
Took piston to my motor man and piston was fine , as you said also.
From what I have seen the motor has been apart and this is not the original piston.
Sorry for going off topic but you seem to be the only help , I can find.
My motor man also give me a couple of OEM Honda clutch baskets to try and match up to the xx .

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
is it just the exhaust seats that are worn out or the intake as well?

what oil do you run? recommend fully synthetic it will live longer and not saturate with fuel as bad as conventional...

try and get the heat issue figured out and the life of everything else will follow, if that means changing the temp where the fan turns on then do that,,,, most of the excessive heat is due to the clutch slipping, just upgrading that will reduce running temp quite a bit.... were talking OIL temp.....maybe even run a gauge for the oil

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
is it just the exhaust seats that are worn out or the intake as well?

what oil do you run? recommend fully synthetic it will live longer and not saturate with fuel as bad as conventional...

try and get the heat issue figured out and the life of everything else will follow, if that means changing the temp where the fan turns on then do that,,,, most of the excessive heat is due to the clutch slipping, just upgrading that will reduce running temp quite a bit.... were talking OIL temp.....maybe even run a gauge for the oil

Exhaust seats are black as are the valve lips, I am guessing there were not closing fully.Now I know why due to the decomp failing.

I run semi-syn and change air/oil filter and oil every 3 hours and the oil had a strong odour of petrol. I think this is why my rings have an edge.

The overheating was caused by a faulty ECM which did not kick the fan in , when the engine warmed up and cured that with a new ECM.
I had clutch issues and cured them also.

I bought the xx secondhand and thinkin most of the damage was before me.

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
Exhaust seats are black as are the valve lips, I am guessing there were not closing fully.Now I know why due to the decomp failing.

I run semi-syn and change air/oil filter and oil every 3 hours and the oil had a strong odour of petrol. I think this is why my rings have an edge.

The overheating was caused by a faulty ECM which did not kick the fan in , when the engine warmed up and cured that with a new ECM.

sounds good... heat is enemy #1

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

I remember you posting almost a year ago about your fans not turning on. Suprised it lasted that long or had you got them partially working?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
The valve seals have gone hard due to overheating , the clutch is fine but has some play in/out on the basket. Always run too much play in the clutch cable (125 2 stroke days in mud).
Rings are worn , the have an edge on the top face.
Took piston to my motor man and piston was fine , as you said also.
From what I have seen the motor has been apart and this is not the original piston.
Sorry for going off topic but you seem to be the only help , I can find.
My motor man also give me a couple of OEM Honda clutch baskets to try and match up to the xx .
I went back and looked at the pictures in your Build post, It's a stock piston.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
66 Posts
i have a stock spring simplyorange if you still need one just pm me if interested

i just installed a stage 2 hot cam last night so it the one out of the factory cam

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I remember you posting almost a year ago about your fans not turning on. Suprised it lasted that long or had you got them partially working?
If you flip the plug of the temp switch on the thermostat housing, the fan comes on all the time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts