Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanna make sure every one and yea i mean EVERY ONE is wearing their gear, their was a vid of some one ( hopfully not one of us ) jumping a 700xx with no boots no helmet and in shorts, i hope that wasnt one of us.

this is a family forum, and i hurd one of you saying your son wasnt wearing a helmet and i hope you show him these pix... and talk to him.

as you all know i had a crash in april, broke my hip in 3 sections, almost dislocated my left shoulder, put my back out of place, cracked the top of my helmet 4 inches long and right to my head, my leg got twisted out of place, my groin muscles where pulled so bad they almost riped in half.....

in short...... my life, my walking it was all almost over, my HELMET is what kept me here kept me alive, my GOGGLES are the only things that saved my eyes from huge rocks sticks, and trees, that day i left my chest protecter at home, foolish idea...

this is no " war story" look for your self... and as you look as your self is ego really worth going threw what i went threw

in order

i just got to my room in the hospital 6 maybe 8 hrs affter my accident, they are preping me for morning surgery, my hip is a level 2 fracture, i was told i was never gonna walk again. cool damp rag on my head cause it was to much for me to handle 24 and never walking again, and i wanted to walk some one down the isle really bad

in this picture it was a day maybe 2 after my surgery.. i was thinking of funny things that happened at work and things i talked about on club700xx.net to keep me happy, surgery went well still not sure if i would every walk again, or every ride again... i cried alot

here they got me out of bed and i used a walker to hop over to a window and look out side of it, it felt so amazing to get out of that bed and to move a little.... i would go to this window for hours and just look at the cars... and prey to walk again....

heyyyy hawk is released from the hospital... iam going home where the food tasts good and i dont have to feel like iam in prision and i can do what i want, and listen to music and have my friends come visit me

these pictures explain them selves vary well

in this picture please note the exhaust

some of you care for you son's and all of us need to be reminded once in a while to wear helmets... things happen, and dont let any one bait your ego to go faster, do every thing at your own pace.... its better to be the bigger person.... helmets are cool.... protection is cool...

thanks for reading this post and being safe,

hawk

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i agree 100% these are very fast machines and even on slower ones or going slow you can get hurt! i owe my life to a few helmets that took the beating and not me. and full boots have saved my legs a few times to.

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
In the UK registering quads for the road is getting more and more popular all the time. For some reason or other the British Government have not brought any laws about wearing helmets on the road. I only ride offroad and I always wear full mx gear including neck brace and helmet when out and about but can't believe how many people don't!

·
Registered
333 Posts
note to self... dont buy wife a sixsixone helmet. :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
again just remember STUPID HURTS!!

ME NOT MISSING A LOW TREE BRANCH A YEAR AGO LUCKY THIS WAS ALL

·
Registered
108 Posts
i decided to put off nerf bars and riding boots. i've been talking about buying boots for the last 2 months.. and didnt buy em. now im on crutches for the next xx weeks with messed up ligaments. gotta sell the quad to pay bills because i cant work.. NOT COOL!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here is a female WORCS rider's helmet after her quad landed on her head [[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Ashley App #46][/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Ashley apparently went over the bars where the ATV landed on her crushing her helmet, major head trama, major facial bone fractures.[/FONT]:

Wow! just imagine if she wasn't wearing a helmet...
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica] major head trama, major facial bone fractures, but it could be worse. My turned his facial bones to "sand" as the doctor described it because he wasn't wearing a helmet. [/FONT]He was going about 2-3 mph...and it almost killed him. If was wearing a helmet he may have had a few bruises and back pain.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Congratulations!:yay: One small step for the Hawk...One giant leap maybe in a few weeks.:D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Guys,
I cant express how much I agree with this post regarding safety gear. I recently flipped backwards on a hill, landing on a rock on my back, then the quad came on top of me.

I had full chest, arm, and spine protection (dianese) that saved my back. Only a bruise and some marks on the gear.

When the quad came on top of me, I was very lucky. Adrenalin rush made me able to leg press this sucker. I tweaked my knee a bit, but thats it.

I attribute my lack of injury complete to the dianese armor, helment, and riding gloves.

Also, congrats on your recovery!!!!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts