Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know there are many ATVs better suited for plowing than the 700xx but I was just thinking today, is it possible? I assume there is no plow mounting kit made for us but we do have reverse, so would mounting a light plow be possible? Anyone given this any thought? I have always thought of getting a utility quad to plow with but don't have a ton of extra money for it so making the XX work would be nice.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
its posible but ud need big rear wheels and need to puts some wights on the rear

·
Registered
1,592 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
:lmao: this is a joke has to be right? No way would anyone even consider putting a plow on it :funny: just put a plow ur streetbike makes as much sense

LoL if you was not being funny? Wow stay away from my quad lol

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I wouldn't suggest it. But if you are in the market I have a Rancher I could sell you, that is fuel injected and 5 speed, w/ the plow and winch.
The problem you'd face would be clutch burning up, a lot of extra weight to the front so u'd need better from shocks just to support it, have to Add weight to the rear for traction, and the fact you'd have to have a kit made for it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, sounds like a bad idea like I thought. Ha, was just wondering. Thanks for the replies though everyone.

Guess I'll start thinking of a kit for a plow on my streetbike if that makes as much sense :)

crwh45, I really don't have the money for another ATV right now, that's why I was hoping I'd get some "sure, and this is how you do it" replies, ha. But thanks for the offer. Hey, hopefully we can get a ride in before winter after I am healed up fully.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
DEF. AV8R actually lives very close to you. I should be home in a month, problem with that is it is the start of deer season.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Unless you enjoy burning ur clutch up......don't do it. Trust me, its not a maybe. You WILL burn it up as soon as you get started. These clutches do not like anymore resisitance than what is already put on them

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Unless you enjoy burning ur clutch up......don't do it. Trust me, its not a maybe. You WILL burn it up as soon as you get started. These clutches do not like anymore resisitance than what is already put on them
thats why u put a 12t front

·
Registered
157 Posts
There is a listing of a plow for the xx on ebay. It even comes with a "free" winch but I still wouldn't do it.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
It's not soooo far-fetched. I used to have a Warrior 350 (same thing, 2wd sport quad) that I plowed with. They made a kit for it at the time.

It worked OK if you didn't let the snow build up too much...can't let it get any higher than about 4-6". But, it definitely beats the hell out of your machine....you don't realize how much you go forward, reverse, forward, reverse, etc.

It can be done, but I wouldn't...much easier to buy an old used Ute for $500-$1000.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
People plowed with big reds for years before anyone knew what a 4wd atv was. Slap some chains on the back of the XX and you could probably go pretty decent. I you are trying to go cheap, cut an old water heater tank up and make one. If you find two old tanks, make a lawn roller out of the other one-they work great.

I still want to see the roost from the link above! An XX land anchor.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i know they make a couple different kits for em

·
Registered
291 Posts
My dad used to plow with a 230 quadsport. He had chains for the rear tires .

You'll definitely need to stiffen up the preload on the front shocks for the extra weight of the plow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts