Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone tell me if this looks right? This is what the plug look likes with the programmer set at hmf recommended settings with slip-on and uni filter. Settings are 1.5,3.5,3.5. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Plug looks a little clean to me, but it is hard to tell from a picture. It should have a "fluffy" tan look. How you did the chop will impact what it looks like though.

I generally:
1. Get the bike warmed up
2. Put in a brand new plug
3. Get it going wide open in top gear for 5-10 seconds(limit this time if you think you might be to lean)
4. All about the same time, clutch it, kill it, turn off the fuel(not an issue on the 700xx)
5. Coast to a stop, pull the plug and check it out.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Plug looks a little clean to me, but it is hard to tell from a picture. It should have a "fluffy" tan look. How you did the chop will impact what it looks like though.

I generally:
1. Get the bike warmed up
2. Put in a brand new plug
3. Get it going wide open in top gear for 5-10 seconds(limit this time if you think you might be to lean)
4. All about the same time, clutch it, kill it, turn off the fuel(not an issue on the 700xx)
5. Coast to a stop, pull the plug and check it out.
That is the way to do it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
there is so many adjustments on the controller that will just tell you WOT not the mid range. I can turn the fuel up only at WOT and high rpm and make it really lean on part throttle and low rpms. or I can make it lean or rich in the middle also. I played with my controller quite a bit. and I got mine close but not perfect. I have also ridden at sea level and at 4000 + feet and its different for both. Now if it where a carb it would be that easy to read and then adj fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts