Club700XX - Honda TRX700XX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wanted to know if any of you knew this. I was watchin the debate and I always see them using the words pork barrel spending. does anyone know what this means, Im not into politics alot so Im not sure. :nuts:

·
Registered
221 Posts
pork barrel spending is when a bill/law/resolution is introduced either in the house or senate....
example: the public is in an outcry because the stock market is crashing ..and the 3 major players in home loans and insurance are gonna go bankrupt...

a bill is introduced to stop this from happening again ..and some senator or representative will not vote for it unless they put say 40million additional dollars in the bill for a highway in their particular state district ... another represenative wants 20 million for a monument ... and another wants more money for libraries ... all pork on a bill that was/is originally intended to govern a problem on wall street.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Correct, and remember this every time those politicians point the finger at greed on wall street then turn around and take advantage of a bad situation to get something for their special interest ,who is worse? Politicians are the masters of the blame game ,taking no responability for any of this mess...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys that really cleared it up. I had an idea of what it meant but wasnt positive. thanks. :tup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts