Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not often but since I've gotten it I'll be pulling out and I get a pop and it dies out. Then it needs a few cranks to restart. In fact it never turns right over when I start it like my EFI cars. Is that normal? I put my FMF programmer on and same thing. I'm thinking a bad module somewhere. When I take it for warranty repair should I remove my UNI and programmer. I have the FMF Powerbomb and 4.1 ready to install but will wait if people believe I have a defective part that needs the dealer to check for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine does that too if I don't give enough gas and slip the clutch a little when I take off or any time I'm in too high of gear without enough rpms. And mine also cranks a few times before it starts.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Operator malfunction in my case. Takes a few cranks to get a restart.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
When you restart it, is it right afterwards? And are you touching the gas at all. I know one of my friends has a EFI KAWI, and didn't realize that you can't hit the gas while trying to start like you do on some carbed machines.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Mine did it for a while but after brake in it runs like a raped ape with no problems at all. I think it is just an adjustment period where the bike learns how to adjust to your riding. It is a fuel injected bike and the computer will learn how to run properly. How long have you had it?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When was the last time you changed/checked your plug?

Mine was doing that before I changed it.
Sounds like a good first step. Cheap and simple is always the best way to start trouble shooting. I went ahead and put my Powerbomb and Factory 4.1 muffler on, set the programmer a bit richer and so far OK but still a good idea to change the plug. That way I can do the color check.

HOLY SHIT! The XX is like a rocket now.

I know about keeping off the gas. I use premium always. I'll see what happens now I have the exhaust and UNI filter. I'll try these settings and see what happens tomorrow. I'm taking it to the MX track. Thanks for the input and more welcome.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Usually when you have starting problems with a lean condition it wont fire up at all or it will cut off soon after firing up.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mine did it for a while but after brake in it runs like a raped ape with no problems at all. I think it is just an adjustment period where the bike learns how to adjust to your riding. It is a fuel injected bike and the computer will learn how to run properly. How long have you had it?
About 6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i have that problem every now and again seems like it only happens when the bike isnt quite warmed up and if i really get on it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts