Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend I work with told me today he had a 2001 400ex. He said when he got it it smoked a little, so he was going to rebuild it. he got it tore down and that's as far as he got. He told me he had spare rims and tires, brand new seat and new white plastic. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, I forgot to mention I can get this for less than a new set of rims and tires

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
i used to have an 06 400ex it was a great atv, in fact my first quad. you can get reasonable parts for it preety cheap. you can get a big bore kit with cylinder and piston and gaskets for about 350. the only thing that sucks is that , that year doesnt have reverse. they came with reverse starting in 05.:xx:

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I say go for it, those bikes are cheap to fix and easy to pull more power out of.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got pics and better description today and pics. Motor is together, plastic is off and the swingarm bearings were seized on bolt. So I need a new bolt, and top end rebuild. Has new white bros exhaust, new plastic and seat still in plastic.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
That pivot bolt is a pain in the ass... I've tried a bunch of stuff, and it's barely moving. I'm rebuilding my 05, and it is indeed a great quad.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I would def buy if u have the extra funds. I had a 00 model and wish I had never gotten rid of it. Good luck with the swingarm bolt.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The swingarm bolt is out, I am making a deal on it tomorrow for $400

1 - 9 of 9 Posts