Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if there was any interest on this... It's a rear sway bar (the first one ever made for the XX by DB). All hardware included, and ready to bolt on... open to offers...

·
Registered
316 Posts
are you selling because you dont like the performance of it? if you are like me and wanted something stiffer than what durablue had in mind I made some real improvements to the location and setup of mine with some simple changes

·
Registered
316 Posts
I had some real issues(2 trips to er 1 with 7 broken ribs) with getting used to the irs. so i made it almost as stiff as a straight axle bike and now I love it at full acceleration out of a turn it will still pick up one tire without the other

·
Registered
316 Posts
moved mounting location to center of a-arm and cut first 3 adjusting holes off of the fore link leaves 2 adjusting holes left. stiff and stiffer was able to reuse their mounting brackets by cutting a little off and re-drilling them. did have to cut a tab off of the a-arm mounting bracket

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you have a picture? i didnt have to cut anything. not a single problem since i've had it

·
Registered
316 Posts
no I dont have any, I will take a couple and add them within the next couple of days.. it looks real good and doesnt stick out behind the frame like durablue intended so therefore more protected also I have lowered my XX so original mounting was hitting exhaust

·
Registered
316 Posts
durablue alterations

hopefully ive got the pics figured out.. you'll notice I mounted tofront of rear a-arm mount so it is inside of a-arm.. which is why I had to cut forelinks to keep them from hitting.. I might call durablue and have them send me another set so I can retain full adjustability

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
not because of the sway bar.. I lowered the bike 3" with a weaker set of springs to get a better center of gravity. lowering also makes it wider with this set of tires and wheels it is 51.5 " at the rear. and gives it a much smoother ride

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
What springs did you use to lower it? Did you only do the springs to get it that low or did you do something else?

·
Registered
316 Posts
LTZ400 front springs on both ends and then that is a set of 20" tires.. the front are 21" razors the rear shocks arent quite stiff enough now tho gonna put a heavier oil in the shocks to tighten the compression a little.. still have the same amount of travel this way just start at a different spot in the travel.. I still have a lot more ground clearance than a straight axle bike so I never touch where everyone else is dragging

·
Registered
316 Posts
with this setup it handles better than any staight axle bike I have ever been on and it still has enough flex to keep both rear tires planted coming out of a turn so you can accelerate out of the turn harder and earlier

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.