Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here i am thinking about painting my exhaust and header and i cannot decide on powder coating or pj-1 high temp paint, the paint is 8 bucks a can... powder coating is ?? not sure.... price isnt a problem, iam not sure which will look better and be more durable.

also wanna blacken my rims once i get them cut for locking rings so should i powder coat those or pj1 paint them as well ?

all for powder coating say so and all for pj1 say so

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
i've never done this, but from what i have heard and noticed... people get their header ceramic coated and the can(exhaust) PC'd..

i'm more familiar with powdercoating... personally, I would go that way

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Powdercoating is by far more durable...don't even think about spray painting the rims, it won't last.

Like ceballos said, get the head pipe ceramic coated, and the canister, well powdercoated or spray painted....its easy to touch up if you decide to spray it.

·
Registered
984 Posts
add one more vote for Powder coat the rims and can, ceramic coat the header.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how hot does the can and header get ? this company in my town does high temp powder coat.... does the header or can get above 400 degrees ?

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmmmm guess iam going to revamp my idea, i might have a carbon fiber canister built... and might just ceramicote the header black

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a two bros can of off an old street bike laying here that I was thinking about mounting to the XX. Then I thought about all of the rocks that would get thrown at it and changed my mind. There has to be a reason that they don't make c/f cans for quads...

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
motoworks makes carbon cans for all the 450's i think fmf also makes carbon cans for the 450's as well and 2 bro's will do you a carbon can for any thing you want

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
ceramacoat your header.

Powdercoat your wheels or you'll be repainting them everytime you get dry mud on them. They'll go from:

To:

In about 1 ride.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Anyone know of a reputable powder coater in the Louisiana Texas area?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts