Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Sure can, I ceramic coated my header and always get compliments on it and it does reduce the heat from it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
On the trails, you can barely feel the heat coming off but on technical trails which you are going slow, you do feel the heat coming from it, mainly towards where it connects to the engine. For the cost, I'm very please with it

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took the heat shield off and wow is it burning me i need to do somthing to keep the heat down with out using the heat shield

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Ceramic Coating!!

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nash is right, i have a paint gun, and ceramic coating is 30 bucks for 16 oz so I will go that rout just not sure if the exhaust its self will handle the powder coating, seems to me the exhaust temp will be over 400 degrees the can gets pretty hot maybe ceramic coat the can too ?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
nash is right, i have a paint gun, and ceramic coating is 30 bucks for 16 oz so I will go that rout just not sure if the exhaust its self will handle the powder coating, seems to me the exhaust temp will be over 400 degrees the can gets pretty hot maybe ceramic coat the can too ?
I would only coat the header and not the exhaust. Like you stated; might create an overheat situation with the exhaust, header will be ok.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i guess what iam saying is.... the girl i talked to say her powder coating will only with stand temps up to 400 degrees, the exhaust and header iam sure both will exceed that temp so why not ceramic coat both ?

a nice gloss black on both i think would look really nice

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
i guess what iam saying is.... the girl i talked to say her powder coating will only with stand temps up to 400 degrees, the exhaust and header iam sure both will exceed that temp so why not ceramic coat both ?

a nice gloss black on both i think would look really nice
Which company are u talking with, the one I dealt with specialize with exhaust system for racing which we all know they go over 400 degrees, had mine coated for over 3 months now and still looks brand new except for the part where my boot is rubbing on.

·
Banned
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a local company, they can get high temp powder coat, but both the exhaust and header would be around 150, no sense in that when i can get ceramic coat one pint for 70 and do it my self and still have some left over to do some one elses

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nash,
Whats the name of the company you used to do your header and how much was it again?
Thanks,
CJ

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Nash,
Whats the name of the company you used to do your header and how much was it again?
Thanks,
CJ
Do a search for Ceramic Coating on this site and the address and its link is in the post

1 - 18 of 18 Posts