Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just powdercoated my stoock wheels and hubs. I went with a low gloss black on the stock wheels and super mirror red on the hubs. Let me know what you think. The stockers are going to have to do until I win the lottery and can afford to buy the OMF Wheels!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Looks awesome. I like the red hubs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I wasn't going to coat them until I needed new tires, but after I saw your black hubs, I felt compelled to go ahead with it. And I called about the price of the OMF wheels...about 1200 bucks for wheels!!! I figured I could make a change and keep what I have for now.

·
Registered
788 Posts
What did it run you if you dont mind?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I own a powdercoating shop...so I just used some of the product I have here. But I would coat the wheels for about 40 or 50 a wheel. Hubs...as long as the owner disassembles the front bearing assembly 30 per. Of course unless the client wants a candy color or something else that may take a base or what not. I just prefer powdercoating as opposed to paint. Paint chips. Then it flakes. It's just better in my opinion.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't mind if anyone uses my colors or scheme. That just lets me know it looks good! It's a 4 wheeler though, there's only two plastic schemes, so the clor options are limited unless you want your bike to look like a happy meal toy!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, McDonald's is the best. Anyway, back to the wheels....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats going on everybody. I just purchased my 700XX 4 days ago and can't get enough of it. I had a 450r and a KFX 400 and sold them back in 07. I know stupid but needed the money. Anyway, back on em again and luvin it. I am looking to get a Curtis Sparks full exhaust system for my XX. Anyone out there have one and if so hows it treating you. Oh yeah and I'm a
new member to the forum also.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I don't mind if anyone uses my colors or scheme. That just lets me know it looks good! It's a 4 wheeler though, there's only two plastic schemes, so the clor options are limited unless you want your bike to look like a happy meal toy!
Chance

Nice wheels but if you do some research, you'll see that I already have the rear wheels painted black with the hubs being red, of course it's not powder coated but they've lasted for quite awhile so far and it's only the rear ones since I switch my fronts to ITP

·
Registered
788 Posts
ooooooooh. I feel a showdown coming on.:lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Nah! His looks much better than mine.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very Nice!!:hey:

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
40-50 per wheel?... now I'm NOT trying to knock you off... my local P-coater does them for 25ea. ... looks good though, and helps out that you have your own shop...

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Wheels look just like the stocks that come on my 09 black XX. I would of traded my stock blacks for the clears. I think that even when you wash the blacks they still look dirty.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yea, prices are high on the powdering but do look good. I have the curtis sparks full system. No airbox lid and prodesign filter, dyno tuned with pc5 did 48hp and 42tq. This system is well built but LOUD!

·
Registered
60 Posts
40-50 per wheel?... now I'm NOT trying to knock you off... my local P-coater does them for 25ea. ... looks good though, and helps out that you have your own shop...
didn't want to say anything but.. if your in oregon, theres a shop in lake oswego that only charges $10.00 a wheel..:yay::yay:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nice wheels bro. Love the black on a black/grey bike. Allways thought they should have made the rims black. I would love to do that to mine, but powder coating is pretty much unheard of around here. I preffer my stock wheels, so I'll eventually find someone to color them. LOOKS GREAT!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts