1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Shouldn't be more than $20-$25 a wheel.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I would suggest instead of powder coating, getting Line-x. Powder coating will come off easily when rocks hit it, however the line-x is thicker and can sustain more than just powder coating. I am going with Hyper carbon for that exact reason so they don't look like crap.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I like the Line X idea! I was thinking of powdercoating but might have to try the Line X route

·
Registered
182 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well find a reputable comany near you who does line-x, not rhino liner. Then take the stuff there and they do the rest. however if you are going to use skid plates with a front bumper you may need to cut the skid plate a little to make it fit. If you look at my pic of under neath, look at the top, the tiny gap there is from the cut. I took it to a machine shop and worked great. They charged me $20 for the cut. I would fitt it all first prior to line-x. It cost me around 200 for everything to get line-x which I think was cheap considering they have to prime it first. If you can't find a dealer near you, I know of one you can ship the stuff to and he is very honest

·
Registered
182 Posts
However if line-x rims, I would make sur eyou don't line-x where the seal is for the tire

·
Registered
253 Posts
I've heard of guys using the Rustoliem spray on bedliner. I was thinking about doing it myself.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Just buy mine in the for sale section with razr tires!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well I don't know how that holds up, but I can tell you the line-x on my skid plates have held up great so far, nothing has penetrated it yet not even rocks I feel hitting the bottom.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey 5W,
I am really thinking of goin with the hiper composite's with mud tires.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think I want another 10" wheel with some of these on it...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well it looks tuff as hell, but from what I read its a 4-ply correct?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm not sure where you guys are located, but I just so happen to do some powder coating in the Baton Rouge area in Louisiana... Just thought I'd throw that out there. I have powder coated several sets of wheels for quads and streetbikes alike. I haven't had any issues with chips and scratched in the powder, other than some serious curb rash type deals. Just wanted to throw that out there! I'm doing mine soon. I'll post some pics.
Chance

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm not sure where you guys are located, but I just so happen to do some powder coating in the Baton Rouge area in Louisiana... Just thought I'd throw that out there. I have powder coated several sets of wheels for quads and streetbikes alike. I haven't had any issues with chips and scratched in the powder, other than some serious curb rash type deals. Just wanted to throw that out there! I'm doing mine soon. I'll post some pics.
Chance

^^ he did the rearsets,passenger pegs, and subfarme on my gsxr1000, i havent had any issues and it was done about a year ago i believe.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts