Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
I just looked it up. The price is fine. what about a throttle body? I read something about Wayne Matlock using one. Who makes them and where are they available?

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm more than sure with a filter change he could get alot better numbers allowing the slip on and tune really perform.

If I were to do one item at a time it would PCIII, then Intake then muffler
I agree and the PCV with autotune would eliminate the need to adjust your map manually as you add mods.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Correct, I just got off the phone with them and they said you do not have to add a map initially but is better if you do. They are not available for sale either... bummer cause I will have to make a purchase here shortly to get mine going

Also I hope that this is a fully operating ECU and not some module that only averages variances.

·
Registered
333 Posts
filters

Depends on budget, I suggest the velocity though.
Concerning filters, here's what I've found in my quest for the best...

I ride with ppl who have both foam and paper (k and n velocity etc). I don't know if one flows more cfm or not but they all seem very competitive with each other.

Originally I ordered the k and n modquad setup, but that was preemptive. The more I talked to ppl the more I realized paper filters are higher maintenance, like a ferrari I guess, ppl I ride with don't mind cleanin their filters after every ride so the paper works great for them. The foam seems to go longer without cleaning (although everyone says clean it everytime).

However, I'm lazy so I went foam just for peace of mind I don't have to worry after every ride. Even tho some say I should, I won't.

So while budget matters, so does ur level of effort. I think they are all close enough in performance to get whatever u want foam or paper and be happy. I have a k and n on my 450r and didn't clean it every time and when I hold it next to buddys who did clean his everytime, u can tell he did and I didn't (this comparison being done after riding and cleaning) mine looks like toast to his whether we just finished a ride or just cleaned.

So there's my IMO. I'm foam on the XX!

·
Registered
333 Posts
all the *cool* people are foam filtered.

5W0P3 even switched. lmao
Finally I'm *cool* my life has validation! Thanks gary lmao

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the Input. Actually I have always been a foam guy usually using TwinAir.
I had DynoJet send me the stock HP graph so everyone can compare. I am also waiting on an email from them to find out what kind of mapping was done, Maybe the FMF Speed Slip-on doesn't have any real gains.:eek:hno:

·
Registered
101 Posts
How about the Cam? I want to order one tonight. what are my choices?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Yes but you have to look at the 4hp power from 3grand up. then at 5grand there is 6 more HP, The peak power holds in allot longer also. You can see in the stock setup it spikes and falls. With your dyno it spikes and holds for a bit. Peak HP does not mean a faster/better quad.

If you look at Waynes dyno you see his isn't crazy numbers either but the "powerband" is very wide.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I had three cams made but there a bit pricey and haven't ran them on the dyno yet. There are no other options as of yet

·
Registered
101 Posts
My butt Dyno would beg to differ. I bet you're making higher numbers than what were reported even if you were running no programmer at all.

Also, I want to stress that I'm not d-baging you or anything like that. I *want* you to do well.
I like your honesty. I want this thing to be as powerful as I can make it without messing it up. So just let me know things you would do to yours and I will do it to mine.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes but you have to look at the 4hp power from 3grand up. then at 5grand there is 6 more HP, The peak power holds in allot longer also. You can see in the stock setup it spikes and falls. With your dyno it spikes and holds for a bit. Peak HP does not mean a faster/better quad.

If you look at Waynes dyno you see his isn't crazy numbers either but the "powerband" is very wide.
Thanks for the explanation. I didn't know the correct way to read these. now I see the whole picture. Newbie to dyno charts.

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK cool. I didn't want you to think I was *that guy*.
:lmao:You can't be "That Guy" you live near my Mom. She is in Leander.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I had three cams made but there a bit pricey and haven't ran them on the dyno yet. There are no other options as of yet
What are the differences in the three and how much $, and how do I order one?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
There just a few grind differences, one is for all out top end put I wont be using or selling it yet. I would like to build another bike to use it in. The other two I will install dyno and put a few hours on before getting more out. If you really wont one bad enough you can try one but I can't make any promises as I haven't used it either. lol I'll give you one cheap if you can get DynoJet to sell me a PCV w/autotune

·
Registered
101 Posts
I will email you.

41 - 60 of 99 Posts