Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
They said it would take about 2-3 weeks to get it delivered as they dont have them in stock.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
How hard do you think it will be to get maps for the PC V?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
How hard do you think it will be to get maps for the PC V?
Correct me if i'm wrong but... wouldn't you not need a map if its constantly reading your a/f and adjusting accordingly?

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Bo will your maps work with the PC V?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Its like a computer in a car, needs a base map to work off of.

I was told by dynojet that a Base map was not needed but would make setup a lot faster if you had one.

Have you had another ATV purchase in mind?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm with smooth here.......I'm pretty sure it doesn't make the system a closed loop setup. A base map is all thats needed.

I think you use this system by setting the PCV in setup mode and telling it what A/F you want and any given revs and it sets the fuel map up for you and then runs that map; but that map is set, it doesn't constantly check A/F and update forever in a kind of oversampleing fashion like a true closed loop system does.

As someone else mentioned you can share arround the Oxy sensor so it must be able to be setup and taken back off.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It just crossed my mind.... Anyone know if the O2 is for making maps only or if it can be left in and the PC constantly reads it to keep an optimum tune?

·
Registered
445 Posts
It just crossed my mind.... Anyone know if the O2 is for making maps only or if it can be left in and the PC constantly reads it to keep an optimum tune?
Thats my point as stated above; by what Dynojet are saying and from what I can get out of the limited info they supply, it must just make a map for you but not constantly optimise that tune.

Be good to find out for sure.......someone will work it out soon.

Linc

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
That would kinda suck if it don't constantly use the O2, I'll call again tomorrow and get some more details

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
I was told that it constantly adjusts, but you can use it as a set-up and remove it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I dont see an update anywhere but here is what I know:
The PC5 itself costs the same as the PC3.
The autotune kit comes with O2 sensor, AT module and a bung.
It is recommended that you load a base map on the PC5 so that the autotune is much faster.
It is not running on a loop so it is no use to have it on the quad at all times, just set it up, autotune and remove. This will also help with the O2 sensor durability. Nice thing is you only put it on when you do a new mod.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
So could someone make maps for everyone with PC3's that are "autotuned perfect" with their PC5?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nope, PC5 and PC3 use different maps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Heinous

According to the PC website, the PCV only "Works with 2009 or newer Motorcycles, ATVs and Other Quads". I double checked by selecting the 2008 TRX700XX in the dropdown menu, and the only option to buy is the PCIII. Once I changed the year to 2009, the PCV was available as was the Autotune.

<------2008...So I guess all us 2008 owners are SOL on this. :lame:

61 - 80 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.